Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone on here have an interest in Aviation?

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Air Force. RAAF. Caribous, Hueys and Sikkys

DazzaVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Executive
Also flying before i got my car license - almost had my full gliders license in the UK before my driving license... Over here in Aus i have my PPL and completed my CPL Theory and only have a couple more hours to go before my test. Would love to fly helo's like the post above but don't have Australian Yr12 so all im type rated on is 152/172/172RG and the 182RG my favorite... Although i really enjoy aerobatics in the old gliders in the UK!!!

Daz

HRVATSKI_VOJNIK

a.k.a KRIS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore V6
my love in aviation spends since i was 8 years old
love all aviation from war to civil
but my specialty is aircraft and heli's of war from WW1 to now

i got countless hours in various Flight simulators
used to part of a European WW2 virtual squad and vs people from all over the world
my folks didn't like me playing computer games during the night, so i had to resign :cry:

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
that link to the hog model above 744driver, can you get that on FSX? Im trying to look for some good REALISTIC models for FSX but cant find any decent ones. All the freeware ones are dodgy...

The best freeware one i ever got was a 777 for FS2004. Extremely accurate

I want do ground support aswell, like the gates to me in when you park and more service vehicles

FSX sucks so much of the computer up thou... :(

you should be able to call an emergency landing aswell with full EMS support! that would be cool lol

Flat_White

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Rolls Royce "Fantom"
that link to the hog model above 744driver, can you get that on FSX? Im trying to look for some good REALISTIC models for FSX but cant find any decent ones. All the freeware ones are dodgy...

The best freeware one i ever got was a 777 for FS2004. Extremely accurate

I want do ground support aswell, like the gates to me in when you park and more service vehicles

FSX sucks so much of the computer up thou... :(

you should be able to call an emergency landing aswell with full EMS support! that would be cool lol

LOL mate, i would only recommend FS2004... Its pretty much the original and the best.

I would have to recommend the PMDG 747-400, it is completely accurate and 100% synonomous with the real life 744. It includes a full flight management system (aka FMC) ACARS support, TCAS, Full EICAS "glass" cockpit, Overhead panel, IRS, RNAV, LNAV, VNAV, 3 Stage autopilot with Autoland, Boeing/Honeywell Avionics...

Ah mate the list goes on and on...

As for cost, there are always "OTHER" ways to get it... i wont elaborate here but im guessing you get the point!!

Good luck with it mate, you will probably have some trouble mastering it, but if you have questions please ask...

greggy85

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz sv6 M6
Also flying before i got my car license - almost had my full gliders license in the UK before my driving license... Over here in Aus i have my PPL and completed my CPL Theory and only have a couple more hours to go before my test. Would love to fly helo's like the post above but don't have Australian Yr12 so all im type rated on is 152/172/172RG and the 182RG my favorite... Although i really enjoy aerobatics in the old gliders in the UK!!!

Daz

All i have to say on this matter... C-152, >4500' AGL, reduce power, raise nose briskly 'till stall, a touch before stall add full rudder, watch the funky sky/dirt/sky/dirt spinning dance :dance: .. i had an instructor who was a junky for crazy 152 stalls, he would get me to get my-self into some nuts stalls in those little sacks of poo!

p.s. new Arrow over 182 any day :)

dynamytedave

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SS-V Redline SportWagon, 2003 CV8R Monaro
When I was a kid I only wanted to do one of two things for a crust when I grew up, it was either Pimpin or Flying. No seriously, either a Truckie or a Pilot. But coming from a somewhat disadvantaged background where money was always short, a headstart in aviation wasn't available and being colourblind seriously limits options as a commercial pilot. After working a few deadend jobs, I started earning decent money and started lessons at Hoxton Park in a Skipper. After a while, money dried up and so did the lessons.
I had done the pre-solo medical and failed the colour screen test. But there is light at the end of the tunnel. The doctor informed me to go Sydney uni's opthamalgic department for a Farnsworth Lantern Test to gauge the severity of the colourblindness. Depending upon the outcome, a dispensation may be awarded and Night VFR and Night IFR ratings can still be attained.

I have been for a few more lessons with Schofields at Bankstown Airport a few years ago, but once again funding is scarce. All up I've got about 22 hours in total. It's not much, but at least if I'm on a flight and the captain and co-pilot both have the fish, and I had the chicken, I might be able to get it down. But having crashed heaps of heavies on approach on FSX, I think I'd be making an announcement to the passengers to put their heads between heir legs and kiss their backsides goodbye.

But at least I come good with my ambitions, I'm driving semi's for a living and have at least completed the basics of training. When things become more financially stable and I've got more disposable income, I'll be going back to complete my license.

For now I'm content doing circuits on flight sim.

My favourite aircraft would have to be from WW2, including Hawker Hurricane, Supermarine Spitfire, Avro Vulcan, Super Mosquito, Grumann F4F, Bearcat. Really there's just to many to list, there's so many beautifully designed aircraft from that era that still look good today. What I would give for a De Lorean with an operational flux capacitor and choof off back to the end of the war and stash a few of the old war birds in a barn somewhere.