Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone tried out the Hiclone fuel saver mod?

tysons_2001

Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais International - RIP VR Turbo
i am looking at some cheap mods for my VR and wondering if any of them actually do work. i come across this site http://www.hicloneqld.com/
has anyone tried one of these units in their commodore and had it dyno'd?
i'm temped to try one because theres really no loss because they have a money back guarantee.

deathsminion

Chrgd,Coold,Twinthrot'in
Reaction score
Members Ride
GT42R forced JZA80 Supra and VT Wagon
While researching fuel saving and performance products, we also discovered some very special air filters called K&N Filters

They had to research to find out about K&N filters? I disapprove already. :yeah:

The Power output has increased some 10-15%

That's the increase a Stage 1 cam will give you. So I highly doubt it.

Honestly, I wouldn't bother. Just go a K&N panel filter with a S/C ecotec CAI.

tysons_2001

Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais International - RIP VR Turbo
thanks, but has anyone actually tried one of these?

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Before you buy any "fuel saving device" I suggest you check this site out:
http://www.fuelsaving.info/debunk.htm
The Hiclone is marketed in different countries under different names like Tornado in the US. Even back in the 50's when I was a schoolkid they were selling very similar devices and making similar claims. Remember there's a sucker born every day.

5N!P3R

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2
The Hiclone is useless in Electronically controlled engines, your engine will just change the mix of fuel to air and bring it back to what it was before. It would possibly make a small improvement on cars with carbys.
Also Hiclone is only going to give a bit of economy in a car that has bad air flow, eg. paper filter.
If your car has really bad economy, you should get it checked out instead of using a Hiclone to "patch" the problem, even though you don't realise thats what you're doing.
Also by the time the air passes through the Hiclone and flows through all the other channels till it gets to your piston chamber, there isn't any swirling motion left where its needed, besides engines are designed to create a swirl automatically.

Last edited:

brentons_house

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
I've been researching about CAI and I would say that would be the way to go if you wanted to say fuel.

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
They are a con, and nothing but a con.

Think about it, if devices like Hiclone are as good as what they're made out to be, then why aren't they fitted to cars as standard?

RacerVS

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS97 - VE2011
Don't waste your hard earned dollars .
Just my opinion ;)

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
They are a con, and nothing but a con.

Think about it, if devices like Hiclone are as good as what they're made out to be, then why aren't they fitted to cars as standard?

Which is the question about all these fringe fuel saving myths - putting magnets on your fuel line, mangled coke cans in your intake, or ground up unicorn dick in your fuel tank, make you save all that fuel, we'd all be driving horny magnetic coke cans :p

Save your cash guys, and spend it on something real.

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
I have my doubts, but if you are wondering you can always try it. I record my fuel usage each week, and tried out one of the magnetic clips on the fuel line. It didnt work, I returned it, got my money back and was happy that at least I could say for sure that this does not work on my car. The only cost to myself was postage. You could then let us know your results from a real life test in a car similar to ours.