Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

anyone wanna see how low a vx is without shocks or springs?

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS Clubsport, VP Wagon Daily
Hahahaha yeah tuckin rim on 17s,.... TUFF!!!
Lol looks crazy, thats like really really really low, its funny though cause some people would probly attempt to drive it like that

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
choice!!!!!

VLDavo

Reaction score
Members Ride
lc torana. vn v8. ke30.mazda 1300.
just a q? how did u get a jack under it again to replace the springs lol

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
lol, ive been sooo tempted to do this on so many occasions, might have to give it a crack now :)

is it drivable? (ie: down tha rd to a park for photos, NOT drivable as i wana do chap laps like that lol) i assumed tha tryes would jus rub on tha tub? cause i got a park 100mtrs down from my house! though VLdavo raised a good point, howd u get it jaked bak up?

VL_5SPEED

Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 Holden VL calais project
Man thats pretty sad, the top of the rear wheel is only just tucking under the shell. Thats what is **** about the newer cars, even when you lower them they still look like high.
Heres my VL, top of the rear wheels tucks under the shell and its still at legal hight
ImageShack - Hosting :: img1184eb8.jpg

Pretty nice car for a VX but. :)

Ripcell

R8 FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
324rwkw MY06 VZ R8 Maloo M6
just a q? how did u get a jack under it again to replace the springs lol

had to jack it up with another jack by the tow bar to get the jack under it again lol

Man thats pretty sad, the top of the rear wheel is only just tucking under the shell. Thats what is **** about the newer cars, even when you lower them they still look like high.
Heres my VL, top of the rear wheels tucks under the shell and its still at legal hight

yeah thanks, the vt onwards seemed to have real big wheelarches, the vs etc can tuck rims quite nicely, a mate has a real nice vs tuckin his 17s when he had them on it, has 19s now, tucks almost an inch, its bloody low lol

is it drivable? (ie: down tha rd to a park for photos, NOT drivable as i wana do chap laps like that lol) i assumed tha tryes would jus rub on tha tub? cause i got a park 100mtrs down from my house! though VLdavo raised a good point, howd u get it jaked bak up?

um, tyres didnt rub at all, i thought they would but they didnt, if the road is REAL smooth u would be able to drive it, eg, i couldnt back it down from the little drop in the concrete i had to make a ramp out of some timber,
45188d1203935184-anyone-wanna-see-how-low-vx-without-shocks-springs-img_2632-medium-.jpg

and i couldnt back it over the gutter without sticking the fuel tank into it...
45210d1204010597-anyone-wanna-see-how-low-vx-without-shocks-springs-img_2637-medium-.jpg

Troy5L

building a lemon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gu patrol td42

so ur sayin coz ur is a later model and the wheel arches arent that big when its lowerd like urs it looks like its real low. from the pic it doesnt look that low, yeh ur tuckn rim but look at the clearance from the bottom of bumper to the ground....

dude that is a nice VX, tucken 17's bro, choice!!! but in all seriousness it does look pretty gud that low, ive always been keen to try this but i no i wouldnt be able to get outta me driveway at all....

Ripcell

R8 FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
324rwkw MY06 VZ R8 Maloo M6
so ur sayin coz ur is a later model and the wheel arches arent that big when its lowerd like urs it looks like its real low. from the pic it doesnt look that low, yeh ur tuckn rim but look at the clearance from the bottom of bumper to the ground....

dude that is a nice VX, tucken 17's bro, choice!!! but in all seriousness it does look pretty gud that low, ive always been keen to try this but i no i wouldnt be able to get outta me driveway at all....

i have to admit, it did look good, but goofy because the front was up, cars lower in the ass than the front just look silly. would be good if it was drivable :D