Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

AP Racing 4 Piston Brakes

adamc11

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS V Z M6
An extra $200 for black calipers instead of red?

Pretty much. I got my red ones cheap as it was a promotion and I purchased the last one at the discounted price.

I just placed the front rotor up against my VY SS 18" rim and it just about fills out the rim. Will look very big when fitted against my 18" wheel.

Was wondering with regards to installation, is it easy enough to do yourself? Changing rotors, calipers, hoses, brake fluid and bleeding...

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
The AP calipers look very similar to the harrop ones

EDIT: closer inspection no they dont

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
I've had my eyes on these. Harrop 343mm front and rear rotors with 4 piston calipers, pads etc etc for $3700.

HSV-Harrop-perf-kit-h.jpg

FusionX

Reaction score
unless you use special pads which are illegal on the road and are only good for the track.

Huh? how is a pad illegal? How would anyone ever tell without pulling a caliper off? I've taken cars through the pits with race pads in and never had an issue.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
I don't think they'd be illegal in the "watch out you'll get defected" kind of way... more illegal in the "watch out, if you don't warm these up you'll crash at the first set of lights" way. :p

The Harvester

Kickback or Overtake
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR HSV Senator 215i
I don't think they'd be illegal in the "watch out you'll get defected" kind of way... more illegal in the "watch out, if you don't warm these up you'll crash at the first set of lights" way. :p

Very good, it's exactly what i mean. For race brakes to work effectively they first have to be warmed up.

Being in the automotive industry i had to take a car out of the workshop for other work to be carried out elsewhere. This car was a Jap twin turbo with lots of punch, anyway after giving it some boost down a side street around the factories and coming to a T intersection I went for the brakes and there was about 5% braking power and i went through the stop sign and used the handbrake which in turn 180ed the car but it stopped before hitting the gutter and lucky no cars coming in either direction. The customer didn't tell anyone that he had race pads fitted.

adamc11

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS V Z M6
Brakes are getting fitted tomorrow. Should i be getting braided lines and from where? Cost?

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT