Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

are all calipers on VB-C-H up to VP the same? of cause excluding VL turbos and later V8's

griezy

Reaction score
Members Ride
1982 VH SL-X Wagon
As far as I know they will fit as long as it's the V6 calipers and not the slightly larger V8 ones but those look different as they have the finned bodies .
thanks mate, yeah i knew about the VL Turbos and VL to VP V8 calipers are bigger for larger rotors, it looks to be a V6 one as it looks very close to the VH stile.

just got it for $150, seems to be a good price to me
s-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600 (2).jpg

Last edited:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
That kinda looks right but it's been a decade or 2 since I last looked at stock 1st gen Commodore brakes but that looks like the calipers on my old VN with stock 270mm rotors. Holden really under brakes these cars.

Last edited:

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Holden designed there brakes around stock daily use

It is us maniacs who push the envelope on what our brakes are designed for

Sticking SS badges and stuff on a car does not = real performance

griezy

Reaction score
Members Ride
1982 VH SL-X Wagon

lol theres no power in a stock 202, only good for cruising, just want brakes that doesn't fail every year

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Reactions: Lex

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67

Even then I'd say brakes on anything pre VT are marginal. After driving lots of other cars going back into a HSV VS Senator with stock brakes it scared me.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Even then I'd say brakes on anything pre VT are marginal. After driving lots of other cars going back into a HSV VS Senator with stock brakes it scared me.
I hired a vn? back in about 1990? Only v6. I would be thinking this thing is not going to pull up, but it did.

griezy

Reaction score
Members Ride
1982 VH SL-X Wagon
well! that did not go to plan, yesterday ive striped and cleaned the piston and the bore on my spare caliper and rekit it, all went to plan and easy, piston side in and out very easily now so I installed it in the car, all good until I went to bleed it, bleeder nipple was very hard to undo so I sprayed ferret piss (penetration oil) on it and left it for an hour or so, came back to undo it and the bloody thing snapped.

so, I thought I'll rebuild the original one, but thought ill spray ferret piss around the bleeder and leave it over night (spayed it about 10 times last night and this morning told myself just do little back n forth turns to loosen it up, did that for about an hour or so on and off, and the nipple started spinning in the on the thread (spins very easy by hand but does not move), now two calipers are ratshit, great! i hope the NOS not going to be the same being dry for 30 or so years

and for those who that will say i thought you put new rotors on, i did but i took them off so when I conneted the brake hose and bled the brake it wouldn't destroy the new paint on the new rotors
IMG_5696.JPG
IMG_5697.JPG
IMG_5698.JPG
IMG_5699.JPG

Last edited: