Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Are Ex or Current Cops cars equipped with a modifed chip?

Clubby_Don

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Clubby 1109 build number
Sorry to dig up a old thread but to let everyone know it depends on the car ordered if it has any mods or not..
I was a holden subaru and mitsubishi salesman for just under 5 years and iv seen pajeros with increased boost ordered but also completely stock pajeros with lights sign writing and the base police essentials.
Iv also seen VE SSs with a mafless retune for 300+kw shift kitted and new diff ratios to wrxs modded and stock for the police..
Iv seen about 50 new cars ordered like this as well as ford was next door to the dealership i worked at and iv seen heavily moddified xr6 turbos to completely stock xr6 turbos arrive for the police.. this was in armidale aswell and armidale is a country town with only about 30k population..

I also have ordered police vehicles and they have about 150 options they can choose from that includes exhausts, dyno tunes, turbos, diffs, shift kits and a ton of more options they can choose from

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Sorry to dig up a old thread but to let everyone know it depends on the car ordered if it has any mods or not..
I was a holden subaru and mitsubishi salesman for just under 5 years and iv seen pajeros with increased boost ordered but also completely stock pajeros with lights sign writing and the base police essentials.
Iv also seen VE SSs with a mafless retune for 300+kw shift kitted and new diff ratios to wrxs modded and stock for the police..
Iv seen about 50 new cars ordered like this as well as ford was next door to the dealership i worked at and iv seen heavily moddified xr6 turbos to completely stock xr6 turbos arrive for the police.. this was in armidale aswell and armidale is a country town with only about 30k population..

I also have ordered police vehicles and they have about 150 options they can choose from that includes exhausts, dyno tunes, turbos, diffs, shift kits and a ton of more options they can choose from

I can't see the police force purchasing cars that aren't roadworthy. It would make sense that they could order cars with factory options, not after market modifications though.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
I can't see the police force purchasing cars that aren't roadworthy. It would make sense that they could order cars with factory options, not after market modifications though.

They don't , they can get factory options , just like you and I can .

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
There have been a few specials over the years mainly back in the VK/VL/VN days. Qld has had its Fatal 4/ Fatal 5 HSVs and NSW its DJR Flacon although I think this one is mainly for show. They are all factory supplied. There are very few "specials" around compared to the number of Plod Cars on the road. The Fatal 5 cars must have cost about $100 000 each so they can't afford to buy too many at that price. QPS at least seems to be economising wherever they can. They used to replace cars at 40 000km. Considering they are mainly still running around in VEs I suspect that limit has been stretched considerably.