Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Are Lock Nuts Worth It?

Are Lock Nuts Worth It?

• Total voters
L

lowVt18s

yes they are worth it i had someone try and jack mine there was scratch marks on the mag around bolt hole...... but i still got my mags

O

ozute

Yeah thanks subdue, i did get 1 set, that will do for now. Perhaps another set soon. Cheers!

Macca177

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman V8
i think they are and will always use them but 1 mistake old man did was,
Not check the "key" or attachment(woteva its called) was put back in his vs after havin his suspion work done. So after a while he eneded up gettin and flat and went to change the rims, but guess wot no key. I think this was only 2 weeks after the work was done. went back to suspion place, they coulndt find it and then couldnt get the lock nuts out so they had to do sum drilling and yeah it took them a few hours to get the nuts out and replace them with new ones.

So yeah make sure u check that its put back if someone else is touching your wheels. :D

Ash81x

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais
best idea i have heard yet to fool thieves is to change one of your studs on each wheel to a reverse thread stud, so the theives sit there trying to undo this last nut and all they are doing is tightening it up :D

Something like this combined with locknuts is gonna be a bit of a deterrant :)