Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Are VF's going to be collectables?

AB 1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 vy manual ute and 1998 VS S pac ute
But having said that I know people with both and weren't so bad but yeah there's plenty of bad reviews on them.

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
It's about expectations. If you want a cheap white good that goes from A to B, almost any car will do.

If you want something that you can enjoy driving, or be comfortable, or safe, or full of tech, you need to be more discerning.

AB 1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 vy manual ute and 1998 VS S pac ute
Thats true I can't comment about them really because I have no personal experience its just what I have read that suggests their reliability issues.

Edit: same with Daewoo's can't comment on them either some people are happy with them some aren't.

Last edited:

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
The Holden's were fine, it's the Daewoo's (Captiva and Cruze) that were the problem..
They were selling it with a Holden badge ... poor innocent Commodore copped GM Corporate stank all over it ...

It's about expectations. If you want a cheap white good that goes from A to B, almost any car will do.
Plenty of the Daewoldens wouldn't "do", they weren't made real well.
And the ones that were, were more dire to operate than a Corolla. I think Toyota's fixed-up their most recent one, but if you're a car and you compare poorly to any Corolla from 1994 through 2018 then you really should have re-adjusted your life expectations and become a chest-freezer instead.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
One time when I was hiring a car they asked if I would like a free upgrade from the Hyundai Assent I had booked, I said why not, it ended up being a Holden Trax

What a POS, the Hyundai Assent was a much better car all round than that Holden Trax POS

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
Plenty of the Daewoldens wouldn't "do", they weren't made real well.
And the ones that were, were more dire to operate than a Corolla. I think Toyota's fixed-up their most recent one, but if you're a car and you compare poorly to any Corolla from 1994 through 2018 then you really should have re-adjusted your life expectations and become a chest-freezer instead.

Like I said, it's a white good. You buy it, use it, it breaks, you maybe repair it and you buy another.
It goes from A to B, most of the time. That's all lots of people want.

Most of us here do not fall into that camp. We care about our cars and its physically painful to see the way lots are treated in car washes, car parks and workshops.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
But having said that I know people with both and weren't so bad but yeah there's plenty of bad reviews on them.

i know people who owned both and said they were trash.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
The Holden's were fine, it's the Daewoo's (Captiva and Cruze) that were the problem..
The Daewoos were complete crap. My old man had a Holden Viva that he got given for nothing. It ended up costing him a couple of grand over the last couple of years just to keep it (barely) running. He finally gave up on it and got a Toyota Camry!

There is plenty of evidence on forums etc that the Daewoo Viva was only made to last about 100,000kms tops before it would start falling apart and become a money pit. My old man found this out the hard way!