Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Are you sure I need ONLY H4's?

letthiswork1

Thomas
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ute (2003)
This should help, this is for VX and VY

Low Beams: H4
High Beams: H1
Fog Lights: H3
Parker Globes: T10

VT is the same, not sure about the fog light globes though if they are H3 as well.
The H4 globe as stated above has 2 filaments so that when the high beams are turned on, the headlights are brighter too.

+1 to that. Hope this solves a lot of confusion.

a1k3m1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY II S-Pack 25th Anniversary
12570_16265.jpg

^^ Thats what a H4 Hi/Lo Beam globe looks like.. its got 2 fillaments in it, Theres one in the middle of the globe, and another behind the mirror type thing that is used for the HighBeams.

C12100.jpg

^^ Thats a H1 Globe which is used in your HighBeam light sockets.

31397.jpg

^^ This one is a H3 Globe, IF your VY has driving lights (Dont think the acclaims did). This globe is used in them.

CM-410206.jpg

^^ And Lastly This is a T10 globe this ones used in your parkers, and also in your number plate lights, and in your Gear Selector light..

So theres some photos for ya ... hope you dont get lost anymore!!! lol

a1k3m1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY II S-Pack 25th Anniversary
DO IT!! .. thats what i did, got rid of all the halogen type globes lol .. HID Xenons in the headlights, and LED's everywhere else, expensive way of being cool i guess, but now i dont wave to worry about the globes blowing all the time!!! =P

letthiswork1

Thomas
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ute (2003)
DO IT!! .. thats what i did, got rid of all the halogen type globes lol .. HID Xenons in the headlights, and LED's everywhere else, expensive way of being cool i guess, but now i dont wave to worry about the globes blowing all the time!!! =P

That's what i have done :D
I put in some nice White Xenon H4's, new LED Parkers.. I still haven't bought my H1'S yet so soon as i go highbeam i get yellow and white!
Also installed a nice Audi looking LED strip under my headlights :) The cheap way to do Daytime driving lights!

TMM

OEM+
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina S2
Man everytime i see a car with those LED light strips i'm like "ohh it's an Audi... oh wait, just some **** box Commodore"

my03vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy berlina
sorry guys im new to this forum but i need a new headlight bulb and the standard one says its a H9, can i put something else in as the H9s are dear as poison? thanks for the help guys