Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask The Copper

adzy's vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Executive Wagon
they didn't get me for speeding, just the improper use of a motor vehicle and conduct in street racing (we wern't actually dragging but under the hoon laws that's how they saw it), but i didn't admit to anything at all.

peter_VTII
damn u got a big one m8 lol

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute

VicCop

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Commodore SV6 SII
Hey mate, was wondering if you could clear up a few questions for us reguarding these mystical fantasy "cop chips" that so many people think Police cars have that gives them 1000rwkw's.....It's in the new tuning section of the forum...:

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/tuning/6896-ex-current-cops-cars-equipped-modifed-chip-3.html

I'm no expert mechanic but an engine is an engine. Putting some little chip in somewhere isn't going to magically turn it into some turbo charged V8.

The story is complete crap. Our cars are as standard as they come. It's the people driving them who have better skill and experience than anyone else :yeah: You also have to consider the reason why that cop car can roar past you is because the driver doesn't own it, doesn't care about what engine damage they're doing so they don't mind flooring it, keeping in 2nd while doing 120.

The department isn't going to spend on 'modifications' for cars that are perfectly good for their intended purpose.

Victoria Police in particular won't equip me with an up to date firearm or a taser. Do you really think they're going to give us quicker cars?

Chris E

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Executive 3.8
I've got a question to do with nitrous oxide systems. If I have a nitrous system installed in my car, but no nos bottle anywhere near the car, can i get booked for having a nitrous system? I've heard a hundred different stories but not from anyone with any real knowledge about it.

ucrvme

[UCRVME]
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 Holden VY Berlina
I was pulled over for no reason (And i dont mean indenial doing 140 in a 50 zone no reason) driving normally not speeding no loud music, the cop pulls me over and starts picking on me, why do you have an airfreshner in your mirror, measures my sticker at the back of my car to see if its a inch to big, checks my engine for aftermarket parts (had none) goes into my boot pulling up my carpet ect. and then finally i get a fine of $260 and 3 points for failure to display p plates - but it was her fault it was ascue as she lifted up the hatch and of course it moves ... can i make a complaint or has this shebitch won

And_ROOS

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV +6
I've got a question to do with nitrous oxide systems. If I have a nitrous system installed in my car, but no nos bottle anywhere near the car, can i get booked for having a nitrous system? I've heard a hundred different stories but not from anyone with any real knowledge about it.

In Victoria i believe the rule is the setup can be there, but the only time you can have a tank is when its in the cabin going either too or from racemeets/refilling tank, and its not allowed to be connected.

DanVN

Cruizin' in style!
Reaction score
Members Ride
01 WH Statesman International 5.7L
Just a quick question for anyone in the know, driving to Queensland in a few weeks and im a green p vic license, do i have to adhere to the NSW speed limits as it isnt a license condition of mine ( that being the reason they are limited?)

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Is it Illegal to drive in no shoes? I normally take my thongs off and tuck them under the seat, but have had people tell me its illegal?

Also since it was just asked in the pub and Im curious, Is it illegal to have open alcohol in the car, aka Your passengers drinking whilst your driving?