Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask The Copper

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
HAHA grin and bear it did i mention the p plates?

Got pulled up three times tonight from Albion Park to Kiama just to clarify thats about 20km or less 3 times.

i have no "colouful" history but they always just seem to pick me out.

i have another question. is it true that because im inexperienced i have to give way to experienced drivers when merging? cause a guy tried to drag me off in a lancer and there was a cop 2 cars behind us and this guy in the lancer didnt get in front of me he damn near went side ways thro the round about and the cop pulled me up for driving "irresponsibly" and said i shouldve given way even tho i was in the dominate lane then he took bloody half an hour to take my breathylser test search my car check the suspenions wasnt too low check the engine bay check my rego and my lisence is that right too you?

If a guy 'tries to drag you off', then let him (I assume it will always be a him). It would be irrisponsible of you to try and merge in front of a guy who is driving like a tool and probably going much faster than you. Unless of course your lane is running out and it wouldn't be safe to let him past

As for getting pulled over all the time, I have been driving for 4 years, got pulled over once on my l's, once on my p's in mums car coz she hadn't put the rego sticker on yet, and only once in my car for an rbt. I have had plenty of cop cars, both marked and unmarked sit behind me for ages, but somehow I manage never to get pulled over. *touches wood*
As said, you must be doing something to get their attention

Stressball

Rolling on 4 again :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Triton
I'm yet to be pulled over, but I've only had my P's for 6 months. Still, lowered commodore with tinted windows, big rims and a relatively loud exhaust, yet they don't bug me. Could be some prejudiced cops out there somewhere, just not around me :p

I don't think there is any denying that there are SOME cops who target P platers, simply for the fact that a lot of people are prejudiced against p platers. Just because someone is a police officer does not protect them from being prejudiced or corrupt ;) I would think it would be far from the majority though.

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
I get followed frequently by police cars, you know, they end up behind you, then they stay there, eventually get bored, do a U turn and pick another target.

You really just need to take it easy on the road.

sway9

The Rejectz Commodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
99 VT, Mazda 3 SP23, Hyundai Getz 1.4ltr
sorry some have misread this. when i say "i was in the dominate lane" i mean i was in the right hand lane and the left merges into mine because it has merge lines then becomes a single lane road... are you following ok? im 19 still on my red P's because i havent had the time or money to go for my greens yet so i dunno somethings up i got pulled over tonight for going too slow but it was because it was bout 11:30 i was comin home from work it was raining and the cop thort i was drunk lol we had a good laugh about that and we were on our way :)

Mick_VT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec
is there a rule of how fast you can accerate from traffic lights to 60kph, other day i took off from the lights no wheelspin and stayed under the 60kph speed limit pulled into a servo up the road and a police car pulled in next to me, young smart arse cop says " I was driving like a fu*king idiot and the road is not a race track". I replyed with I never got over 60kph. he glared at me and took off. So my question is there a law on acceration

The acceleration at a rapid rate to get to 60kph from traffic lights whether there is wheel spin or not would not class in my opinion as responsible driving, If the posted speed is 60kph, why would there be a reason to accelerate in this way? Due to the speed limit there would be alot of public traffic so there is a chance that the vehicle can slide or becomes out of control due to weather or another traffic conditions. So if you drove the vehicle in a more responsible way then undue attention wouldn't be drawn to you.

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' Series 3 VS S-Pac Ute.
if i'm on my first year of victorian p's and i get a system from the mufflers to the catback is this legal?

aaron.blake

Reaction score
Members Ride
statesman
yeah ive been done for neons! they are illegal outside and inside... UNLESS the interior ones are hooked up to your door switch so they only opperate when the door is open

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
if i'm on my first year of victorian p's and i get a system from the mufflers to the catback is this legal?

Is it a modification?

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
HAHA grin and bear it did i mention the p plates?

Got pulled up three times tonight from Albion Park to Kiama just to clarify thats about 20km or less 3 times.

i have no "colouful" history but they always just seem to pick me out.

You must be doing something wrong then, to be picked up so frequently.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
is there a rule of how fast you can accerate from traffic lights to 60kph, other day i took off from the lights no wheelspin and stayed under the 60kph speed limit pulled into a servo up the road and a police car pulled in next to me, young smart arse cop says " I was driving like a fu*king idiot and the road is not a race track". I replyed with I never got over 60kph. he glared at me and took off. So my question is there a law on acceration

My wife just got a manual car for the first time today and she called mt at lunch with with a most excitign story I will share with you :p.

She has the new fiesta in a manual and since the highway is being resealed and she doesnt want totally trash the paint and get a new window in it just yet (you allways get some wanker in a truck doing 100 in the 40 zones with the stones at night) so shes been taking the long way into town. So today she calls me up and says she was at the beach instead of commignhome for lunch. Then comming up the hill into the street had a 4wd with a boat on it right on her ass. Since shes not too skilled in a manual yet she got worried about rolling back and gave it heaps, dumped the clutch which resulted in leaving half her tyres on the road as she said :p lines up the street and smoke everywhere, her first burnout. I actually accidently got it spinning pretty good leaving an intersection the other day myself, just not used to front wheel drives. In my car I could have left the interestion 3 times faster with no wheelspin at all.

She said a Police car came around the corner and she was having a even bigger panic that they were going to take her new car off her lol so she parked it and sat down for a while till she stopped getting the shakes :p. Funny story of the day. I don't worry too much about wheelspin myself, it happens , that's part of driving sometimes, since I don't agree with the hoon laws I'd be likely to do a runner if I got caught anyway so I'm a lost cause. But She's about the least hoon driver you could ever imagine but jsut an example of someone that could have their car impounded for something totally innocent.

I've heard storys about people being picked up for tiny little wheelspins it and "excessive acceleratation" there is definatly laws against it so you probably don't want to get too carried away in the city :)