Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask The Copper

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
any ideas of how long i might loose my license, 160 in a 60 zone
hit a pole and wrote off my car 4 days after getting my p's ive been told anywhere from 3 months to a year?

Don't know how long, but hopefully 5 years!

pete_car

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 Acclaim
yea thanks man, did it at 5 am in the morning being an absolute f**kstick on the road, so im just curious of how long it will be before i can actually drive my sister to school again

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Any speeding on your P's gets you an auto 6 months. being 100k's over the limit, chances are it'll be over a year, and you WONT be able to appeal it!

Giving the judge a sob story like that wont help either, he'll just say 'you should've thought about who was going to take your little sister to school before you decided to speed'.

What were you actually charged with? I've seen others that speed be charged with dangerous driving, which would change everything.

HeadSwitch

what he said.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 Equipe
Personally I disagree and reckon that if a car registered to the police force is snapped, the ticket should be written off straight away without question.

I must say I agree completely with that. I know that if I'm ever driving one of the unmarked cars at work, I don't want to have to worry about getting caught speeding or running a red light.

Not that i ever would mind you... :whistling

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
yea thanks man, did it at 5 am in the morning being an absolute f**kstick on the road, so im just curious of how long it will be before i can actually drive my sister to school again

yeah your ****ed for a long time my mate got done 120 in a 60 zone and that was in 2006 he still doesnt have a license :whistling

TUF UTE

Dave
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SENATOR
u have lost it for a few years boyo... thats what happens when u get in a car and start being a **** stick 4th day of driving by yourself.

sway9

The Rejectz Commodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
99 VT, Mazda 3 SP23, Hyundai Getz 1.4ltr
well ur definately gone mate
might have an angel on your shoulder and you might be lucky enuf to get off with only getting 12months of suspension. honestly what the FCUCK were u thinking and with another person in your car. ok if you killed yourself fair enuf to be honest but putting another persons life at risk too is really just a ****in stupid idea your lucky your not locked up too

pete_car

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 Acclaim
i did it easter last year, and i would of thought of taking my sister to school if i knew my dad was going to die but hey hindsight is 20/20

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
i did it easter last year, and i would of thought of taking my sister to school if i knew my dad was going to die but hey hindsight is 20/20

Like i said mate, the judge wont care about your sob story. The laws are there for a reason. It doesn't say '100, unless you've had a death in the family, then go 200' unless something changed at easter last year.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Was having a convo with somebody at work about this the other day and thought i'd post it on here:

In vic, when you are on your L's, you can drive any car, because you have to have a fully qualified driver sitting next to you to teach you etc etc.

When you get onto your P's (when i got mine atleast) there was the power to weight restriction, which meant that LS1's etc were off limits to P Platers.

My questioning was, why cant, why shouldnt a person on their P's be allowed to drive a vehicle over the power to weight ratio if they have a fully licensed passenger who is willing to supervise their driving?