Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask The Copper

oska

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx custom 600RR
i'm curious about speed signs Vs GPS speed limits which is correct since map providers pay governments a fee for roads data

where can i get accurate information on the speed limit of a particular road

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
i'm curious about speed signs Vs GPS speed limits which is correct since map providers pay governments a fee for roads data

Only trust the speed signs. Disregard GPS.....

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Commodore berlina Sedan 1996
If you update your gps via your pc weekly they should be the same

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
I read on here somewhere that if the low beam headlights don't come on with the high beam lights it's un roadworthy. True or False??????

Keep in mind you have 2 sets of lights. 4 globes that are highbeam (2 in your normal headlight globes) and then your normal headlights.

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Commodore berlina Sedan 1996
Keep in mind you have 2 sets of lights. 4 globes that are highbeam (2 in your normal headlight globes) and then your normal headlights.

Not in his case he has the projector headlights and it needs a wire modification because both h9 and h11 are single beam globes

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Not in his case he has the projector headlights and it needs a wire modification because both h9 and h11 are single beam globes

He never posted that. ;)
In the case of stock, there is 4 high beam lights (2 housed with the low beams), or 2 seperate low beam lights. Some cars only have 2 high beam lights and 2 low beams completely seperate, so i would suggest it wouldn't be an issue

VicCop

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Commodore SV6 SII

Go by the signs. They're what matter and they're what I'm using when checking speeds.

For the particular speed of a road either go and find the applicable sign or if not possible or impractical, contact either the roads corporation (VicRoads if Victoria) if it's a road managed by them or if it's a 'collector' road or back street contact the local council.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
meh. editting because ive done some reasearch and came back probably not the best idea.
probably legal in some respect though.

(it was for building a motorised esky/toolbox, battery powered and the legalities basically)

Last edited:

AlexVSII

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 Holden VS Commodore S, 3.8 n/a
A couple of questions re learners.

We all know that someone on their L's must have a fully licenced driver in the passenger seat, but what's the deal if they're driving a car with 3 seat belted bench seats in the front? Must the leaner sit directly next to the supervisor, or can someone else such as a younger child sit between them?

Also in NSW at least as far as I know, someone who did their P's test in an auto can't drive a manual unless there's also a fully licenced driver with them. If they're driving in such a situation, effectively reduced to having a supervising driver with them like when they were on their L's, can they drive a V8/Turbo/Supercharged as per when they were on their L's or is it still verboten?

I'm asking just out of curiosity following a discussion I had with someone today so no real urgency for an answer, but it would satisfy my curiosity.

Brenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6.0L MY09.5 A6
Mate I had to get this question answered in QLD.. Because a couple of the young lads I work with are on their P Plates and we travel up to 2000+kms some weeks of work. 90% of time it's done in a work ute, however from time to time there is need to take my car (being that the SS is alot more comfortable then their little beaters).. Apparently once they are on their P's if they are learning a manual they still have to display L plates with someone who holds an open license in the passenger seat. However in the case of the auto SS I was told regardless of having an open license driver beside them they technically can't drive the vehicle with an exemption.

And to describe it how the police officer put it 'If you're travelling that far and want to split the driving, obviously you aren't going to be alert and supervising the P Plate driver'.. Which makes alot of sense.. I only wanted to swap drivers so I could sleep..