Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask the EX-Holden Technician

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubbleyboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
vt key not opening doorlocks remotely

The key on my VT acclaim starts the car ok but will does not always open / close the door locks or operate the boot lock .
Can the battery be changed in the remote ? or is the problem elsewhere ?

Matty.

DieselBob

Reaction score
EFILIve VR UTE

For anyone that knows EFILive4.....

I've got a 16 pin ALDL that reads a VY wagon on the EVAL version.
Had a VN sedan with a 160 cable read no worries..
Now have a VR Ute..
My problem is EFILive reads the 232 chip but doesn't detect chatter or read the ALDL stream...
Tried all the macros no joy.
Tried all sorts of port config changes in the hardware manager and the properties page..
any hep muchly appreciated
BOB

Bubbleyboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Vt remote key battery

Got the remote battery replaced at "Battery World"at Raymond Terrace for $20 now works a treat.

Bubbleyboy.

TBrian

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Wagon
VT ignition

Bob our VT 99 v6 sometimes when you turn the key to start will fire but almost straight away will stop.After this we can turn the key and nothing happens all the dash lights are on give it a few mins and it will then turn over and start.Thanks

ror8

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz maloo r8 vz gto monaro
Hi all, I have a query about abs if anyone can help. I have a vz maloo r8 and the front brakes keep locking up whilst driving. I have checked the fluid, the fuses and such and to no avail. The peddle goes from rock hard at the top very sensitive braking to all the way to the bottom with very minimal braking at all. Has anyone heard of this before?? Any help would be appreciated, as I'm too scared to drive now as it has happened frequently.

Chris117

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR HSV 5.0L
Hi Rob

I own A 1993 VR clubsport.Im looking at replacing the brakes as the ones in there are pretty worn,Think it has pbr brakes with abs.I have seen some brakes off a 2006 SS Crewman on trade me. The discs measure 28mmx298mm.Not sure how i can find out if they will fit?Also my abs has error code 61 Pump motor relay circuit fault.What can i do to fix this error?

Thanks For your help

Chris

TA 91 WA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SII 5.7 LS1
Hi.

Hi Dr. Bob.

Today I took my 1996 VS Commodore (3.8) for a drive and when the temperature was half way, it missed under pressure (when foot was down). When I reached the speed limit and held my speed it was fine. When it was on cold it wouldn't miss. I put new plugs and leads in only 1000km ago. Would it be the coil pack or something simple like moisture in the leads? I did a error code check and it came back 12 which means its fine. Hope I have explained enough.

Thank you.

Tom.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
For anyone that knows EFILive4.....

I've got a 16 pin ALDL that reads a VY wagon on the EVAL version.
Had a VN sedan with a 160 cable read no worries..
Now have a VR Ute..
My problem is EFILive reads the 232 chip but doesn't detect chatter or read the ALDL stream...
Tried all the macros no joy.
Tried all sorts of port config changes in the hardware manager and the properties page..
any hep muchly appreciated
BOB

i dont see any reason why it wont read it if you have the correct def file loaded

Rob

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
Bob our VT 99 v6 sometimes when you turn the key to start will fire but almost straight away will stop.After this we can turn the key and nothing happens all the dash lights are on give it a few mins and it will then turn over and start.Thanks

the remote key is failing, get it replaced before it leaves you stranded

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.