Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask the EX-Holden Technician

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
dr bob, as a vl rb30 has a pressurised fuel system is normal for the fuel to flow back to the tank after the car has been turned off for a period of time?
thanx.

once the rail pressure has stabilised it should stop flowing, have you checked the fuel pressure?

skidmark

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 2 BERLINA 3.8L
dr bob, ever since i got a 2 1/2" redback catback exhaust with a straight through tail pipe installed 12 months ago, my vy v6 auto has been sluggish through gear changes and wants to drop a gear when going up the slightest of hills. what could be causing this and how can it be fixed??

adz_vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Spac l67
hey, im planning on fitting an exhaust system to my vy v6. what sort of performance/fuel economy differences should i be expecting and/or what exhaust type do you recommend for somebody whos looking to minimise any further fuel wastage. i have looked everywhere and everyone has different opinions so i wanted to ask an expert.

wingwang99

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Voodoo Sv6
Hey Rob,
I have a high pitched noise coming from the front drivers side wheel, i have jacked the car up and had a look. As i rotate the tyre around i can hear pads scraping the rotor at one point but not all the way around. I got my old man to take it for a drive but he can't hear anything (he thought i was bull****ting him) anyway i recon its the rotor and might need machining but the old man says just to put up with it. I have for about a month now (only got the car a month ago). I had my mechanic look over it before i got it. Went for a drive and everything and i didnt notice it then. What do you think?

Sorry a bit long winded...

Royboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV E3 R8 CLUBSPORT 2011
Dr Bob

I have a VY SS s2 and recently had occassion to change the drivers side headlight and hi beam globes, after sucessfully doing that and checking to see that the headlights were ok i flicked the hi beam and to my surprise the passenger side were ok but the drivers side all went out (headlights / hi beam/ foggys) which has left me stumped....is this normal if there is a short on that side????????? earth leak ??????????

pkinsella

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs calais
vs commodore

Doc,
Hopefully you can help. I have a vs on dual fuel, my wife drove it down to the shops ( on petrol ) got out, got back in and it would not start, it turns over just fine, and every now and then it almost turns over, allbeit very roughly. On only one occasion I did manage to drive on the gas and then switch to petrol seamlessly, when I got home 20 minutes later that was the last time it ever drove on petrol. My converter on the gas is 11 years old and is "gummed" up and will only work when it is hot. Unfortunately it cant get warm untill I start it with petrol. I have replaced the plugs, leads , coil packs, checked the fuel regulator ie take off the vacumn hose and smell for petrol - there is none, checked all fuses and relays. my immobiliser turns off when I unlock the door and try to start it. I was thinking maybe CAS, but then I thought maybe go back to basics again. for instance whats the best way to know if petrol is getting to the injectors, could it be something to do with the computer? or perhaps the gas conversion, - it's getting old. The petrol is getting old now as well. I know I need fuel, spark, and compression for an engine to run, It sounds simple but it's driving me bloody insane. PLS HELP

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore V6 S2 and a BA XR6T
920228044 voided (soft)
92021493 solid (firmer)

thanks for that..i ended up giveing them teh number and they were like .."ahh yes we do have them in stock lol

cheers:thumbsup:

Dj_Benno187

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr executive s2 sedan
how do i change transmition oil?

Hey there!!!
Can you please explain how I change trans oil on a 1995 Vr executive series 2 6 cyl auto????

Let me start by saying I aint a auto fan! But I got a great deal!

I am hoping this will stop my VR from revving out to 3 grand plus when changing from 2nd to 3rd! Someone told me a stage 3 shift kit could fix this!? (I like that idea lol) another person also told me bands could be slipping! Please please help me!!!???

Oh! PS: my VR had a re-con 5 speed manual engine put in b4 i got her! could this be a reason too??
This is my first car and am wondering if I should sell her and move on, or spend the time and money bringing her back! in 2 years she has never faild me even over long dist (2x 3,000km round trip's from Karratha to Perth / Perth to Karratha WA) I'm so confused!!!!

kaoscommodore

KaosCommodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR mod
thx 1 more q

thx for that bob,i got the harness and computer today hooked it up and found the computer had blow!! some my q is can i take the little blue chip inside the blow computer and swap it for the other 1?(the blow 1 was in the manual and the other is from the auto i just pulled out) any info would be great thx

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
dr bob, ever since i got a 2 1/2" redback catback exhaust with a straight through tail pipe installed 12 months ago, my vy v6 auto has been sluggish through gear changes and wants to drop a gear when going up the slightest of hills. what could be causing this and how can it be fixed??

not sure without driving it, the exhaust shouldne make that much difference in those areas.
its probably best to get it looked at to see if theres a problem elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.