Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask The Pokie Tech

colk

VZ 3.6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 3.6 Exec
I work in IT in the gaming industry, I dont work on the machines my self because we have specific techs for it. From what ive seen its more of an electrical engineering job, But still a little IT based, dont quote me though cos I work in mainstream IT. So what machines are likley to win, I guess some would pay big but pay out less and other have more chances of winning but usually pay out less? Some of the techs at work told me that most of them are almost identical in how they opperate just differant pics etc, is this correct?
Havent heard of any tricks yet though, dam!!

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
Some of the techs at work told me that most of them are almost identical in how they opperate just differant pics etc, is this correct?
\

The tech at our work says this also and says its impossible 2 cheat on em so 4 all the stories posted b4 they were just pot luck :p lol. found out we have the Aristocrat type that gets all the repairs n stuff

crazyspoon05

Penguin Whisperer
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VW Golf GTI (RIP The 'Bizta' VNVPVR Wagz)
I work in IT in the gaming industry, I dont work on the machines my self because we have specific techs for it. From what ive seen its more of an electrical engineering job, But still a little IT based, dont quote me though cos I work in mainstream IT. So what machines are likley to win, I guess some would pay big but pay out less and other have more chances of winning but usually pay out less? Some of the techs at work told me that most of them are almost identical in how they opperate just differant pics etc, is this correct?

Yep, the majority of the machines have the same software with different icons

To use the Aristocrat machines as an example the old Dolphin Treasure or Queen of the Nile Machines became Adonis, Torch of the Gods, Cleopatra, etc

All have the same prize amounts, same feature, same feature trigger, etc

coolngroovy

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY06 VZ Calais
Hello pokie tech, i have a question.
On the linked jackpot machines, is the chance of actually getting a go at the jackpot, proportionate to the amount of credits bet?
Higher the bet, more likely?
Are us 20c betters in the game?

crazyspoon05

Penguin Whisperer
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VW Golf GTI (RIP The 'Bizta' VNVPVR Wagz)
I'm pretty sure when the jackpot triggers it goes to the machine with the highest amount of credits played at that time, it that's not in use then it goes to the 2nd highest, etc so if someone playing one credit, one line is on a machine that has been pumped hard prior in the day they would get it

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
do you know of any good free pokie games for PC?

Anton

Reaction score
Members Ride
5.0 VQ Statesman
Linked jackpots set a random number (say if your wildcash goes off between $100-$200 the number may be 143.34) when the jackpot is reset (this happens when it is won). All the machines linked to the jackpot add x ammount for every credit played on these machines while the jackpot is running. This means if your playing 20 credits you are adding 20 times more to the jackpot than someone playing 1 credit (remembering x is VERY small). When the random number is reached, whichever machine played the credit that reaches the number wins the jackpot.
So theoretically the more credits you play with the more likely you are to win the jackpot (suprise suprise) but each credit will still only add to the jackpot x ammount so even if your playing 1 credit and you manage to play it at the split second required to reach the random number you can win the jackpot.

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
lol I posted a similar thread to this a long time ago...

I am a tech working for Bytecraft :D

Also I would like to add that anyone who claims there is a way to cheat or predict the machines is quite simply WRONG :) for all the reasons mentioned before.

I know of 2 tricks to rip off specific machines, but I am sworn to secrecy and they are no good to anybody anyway.

One trick caused the machine to pay out approximately 10 times the credits you put in (i.e. put in $5, push collect, and get up to $50 come out of the machine.) This has been rectified by the machine manufacturer since then and is no longer valid. As far as I know, all existing machines have been retrofitted to prevent this trick from working.

The second trick requires either a mistake by the club staff or someone working on the inside. It caused credit to be registered but also returned the coin. I think this one still exists but in some states the model of machine in question was banned until the problem was fixed.