Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask the Speedometer repair guy..........

VN-855

Reaction score
Members Ride
A VN
ahh crap i saw something that loooked a little out of place :| any way to fix them copper tracks ?

VN-855

Reaction score
Members Ride
A VN
ok the flexible circuit board behind mine is rooted big time anyone have a vn or vp calais cluster they wana sell me ? really only need the casing with the board on it... anyone PLEASE HELPPPPP

VN-855

Reaction score
Members Ride
A VN
ok me again got most of the troubles sorted after a nice long break, now my trip computer is being a B *#@h. the fuel used part just keeps climbing even if the car isnt moving, inst fuel is always on 0 or 99 and distance to empty is playing up givin me a reading one day nd not the next. again wiring problem or somethin else ? oh i also cant get into the diagnostic screen all it tells me is FAIL =\

brando93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute
hey mate, got a 98 vs ute. Bought it not so long ago with all the work done to it so havnt really touched it, my speedo says im going faster than i really am so if it says im doing 80 im actually going slower. to my knowledge it has had a 345 lsd put in it, it has a vx ecotec v6 ad the wheels and tyre are 18 inch 235 40 r18. any help on what i can do to correct the speedo error? cheers, brandon.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
ok me again got most of the troubles sorted after a nice long break, now my trip computer is being a B *#@h. the fuel used part just keeps climbing even if the car isnt moving, inst fuel is always on 0 or 99 and distance to empty is playing up givin me a reading one day nd not the next. again wiring problem or somethin else ? oh i also cant get into the diagnostic screen all it tells me is FAIL =\

Did you replace the PCB on the back of the cluster?

The Fail on Diag mode is not a good sign at all - the trip could be buggered or the PCB may have a cracked track in it.

hdt3055

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS CLUBSPORT
Vq series 2

Hi I just got a vq series 2 caprice, 5ltr auto IRS, only problem car has is the speedo on the level 3 dash, previous owner told me she took out the cluster to install white face dials reinstalled and the fuel gauge was not working so she tried again and fuel gauge was working, when she took it for a spin speedo started pulsing at 75km and above (sits on speed for a few seconds needle jumps to zero then back to current speed) which also makes cruise control not work at these speeds, cluster was replaced with a known working unit from identical model and priblem still persists, Any ideas?
Thanks

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
speed sensor on the gearbox would be my guess.

hdt3055

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS CLUBSPORT
Thanks I will try the speed sensor first, is it the same unit vn vp vq v6 and v8

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks I will try the speed sensor first, is it the same unit vn vp vq v6 and v8

I beleive it is the same. I got my replacement speed sensor from the wreckers for $20.

Brockstato

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 EQUIPE
Sorry all n i hope someone finds this.Im new on here n havent quite sused it yet. Anyway Iv got a 96 vs auto equipe wit the old analogue sort trip n odometer etc. I also have a full dash cluster with harness n trip computer from genuine 96 vs auto clubsport. Will this all work (trip computer, lcd screens etc)in my v6 with the harness changed or wat do i need to do. Im lost.Cheers