Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

AU Twin Thermo's

weedo_86

JC Resident FireFighter
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
03 VYII Clubby M6, 92 Barina With Sunroof :)
hey guys im looking at getting twin thermos to put in the clubby as i have heard very positive comments about them, as recently ive had overheating issues might just be the thermostat but with the twin thermos i can take the strain off the crank.

anybody know where i can get them and whats needed to fit them?

cheers Dave

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS Clubsport, VP Wagon Daily
Yo davey boy, you will be able to find them at most wreckers, they will know what your talking about.
I went to a local wreckers not long ago and they wanted $75 for second hand one or $150 for brand spanka.

Apparently they rnt to hard to mount to the radiator, and are easy to wire up to a switch or accesories, so they are on all the time.
But still havnt found out 100% how to wire em through the ECU to come on and off at certain temps

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS Clubsport, VP Wagon Daily
Yeah no **** man it sucks, i was thinkin about doing my thermo's soon, but ill wait til i decide what intake setup i want first.
Mick, (TOPGEAR) also has fitted heaps of em before so maybe talk to him about actually fitting it.
Also i think that canister (charcoal??) has to be moved to fit em in, no problems though

feistl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS II 6.3L/M6
Hey mate,

Ive never actually seen the AU mod to fit them, but i remember reading somewhere that the single fans actually move more air due to the speed of the fins on the outside. Im not sayings it better, just i have seen an article saying its not....

(Remember, im not claiming this, only passsing it on)

I see if i can find the article now.

Cheers

Sgt Santa Cruz

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 VR Statesman
hey dude how ya goin??? this is a path i been going through for a while with my stato
now 1st dont buy a 16" davies craig fan its been nothing but a ****ing headache for me and dont buy EL-EF Fans either they wont fit between the chassis rails i tried it. yes another mistake i made that cost me 180bux for newies.
BA thermos/ AU thermos are the best and only choice. theres a cple of ways you can wire em up
1st (i dont recommend) just a simple switch and be a hawk on the temp gauge and i dont recommend this.

2nd i use a digital thermo switch made by drift which is pretty cool bit of messin round with the wiring and such but does the job nicely (not with the davies craig ****ta)

3rd there is a way to wire it up to the ecu and im sure theres some info on this site for it but it will need to be re tuned to tell it when to go on and off

after all this mucking round ive been convinced to go back to the clutch fan they have better flow i think. this idea has been sending me broke but man go for it theres nothing rong with the idea!