Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Aussie possibly to be charged over deaths

eaton v8

my little sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz 6l auto 239cam 3.9diff
not at all just unlucky

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
Stupid Americans, I really feel for this guy, bad enough that he hit and killed those people because the organisers failed to take due care but they want to make him the fallout guy.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Old news, but it is a serious joke. The only people that should be blamed are the councils that allowed this clearly unsafe event to take place.
Well said.

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
He didn't drive like a maniac. He did a burnout in a drag car. The organisers would have known what a burnout in a drag car was like!

No doubt petrol heads on a forum such as this will leap to his defence, howe er, killing six people may well have been the actions of a maniac.

I havent heard or seen evidence of exactly what happened.
Did he go beyond his 'normal' act and take more risks in order to try and excite the crowd? it obviously all went pear shaped.....and yes his role in the catastrophe has to be questioned, along with the organisers.
Blaming the people that attended, that's a bit rich. Though I wouldnt personally go to any drag or road race where there isnt metal mesh between me and the action.......just a piece of molten piston out an exhaust pipe can fly into the crowd and kill.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
OMFG comsirac you're being a tool! You have no info about what happened by your own admission yet come to the conclusion that he may well be a maniac just because 6 people are dead. ACCIDENTS HAPPEN BUDDY!!!

Do you deliberately take the approach of ****ing everyone off constantly?

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
No doubt petrol heads on a forum such as this will leap to his defence, howe er, killing six people may well have been the actions of a maniac.

Did he go beyond his 'normal' act and take more risks in order to try and excite the crowd? it obviously all went pear shaped.....and yes his role in the catastrophe has to be questioned, along with the organisers.
Blaming the people that attended, that's a bit rich. Though I wouldnt personally go to any drag or road race where there isnt metal mesh between me and the action.......just a piece of molten piston out an exhaust pipe can fly into the crowd and kill.

So perhaps you should at the very least view the footage and refrain from commenting on something you have no knowledge and quit making stupid generalisations about the members of this forum :whistling

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
Did he go beyond his 'normal' act and take more risks in order to try and excite the crowd?

apparently that was what he does - a rolling burnout. from what i could tell, he didn't do anything unusual.

however i've heard that due to the fact it was on an uneven road (drag strips have an even camber, roads are cambered for drainage purposes) and the fire dept had wet it down, it may have been more difficult for him to keep the car tracking straight.

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
Yeah, I just signed the petition, I saw the story about this lastnight and it sickens me how stupid Americans are and how they always feel the need to blame someone. He wasnt doing anything out of the ordinary, he donated HIS time and car for this charity event, the organisers didnt suply any baracading what so ever, all was going good untill his right wheel sudenly gripped the road and thast when it went down hill fast. Accidents do happen, and it did. I beleive he said he has done over 2000 burnouts like this and that occasion was the only time anything has happened.

quick308

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 Landrover disco series 1, 2006 Street Bob

wheather he did or not it shouldn't change anything. he was asked to do this and stacked it. happens alot in motor sport. charging him with anything is jus stupid but with murder that is just unbelieveable. even if there was not anything between them and the track wouldnt you think people would use abit of comen sence and stand right back. i know i would no matter how good the driver is. makes me wonder what kind of people are these that want him charged with this. i think ur jus tryen to stir up CSP arnt you:whistling

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
I think another bad point is even if he is found innocent there is something like 7 million dollars of civil action filed against him and he can still be found guilty and ordered to pay (take o.j. simspon for example) Sometimes i think america has the most ludercrous law system.