Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Aussieakito's VY SS Manual

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Yeah I agree with having a daily , as my work ute I dont really care if it gets a bit bumped around .

Also you need to get on to getting a gerni and getting snow foam :p

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Its stopped raining long enough for me to give the car a little attention.

Tyre Shine
Ive been using the "Australian Export" tyre shine on all of my cars ever since the Calais but now that i own a black car the overspray and fling off is too noticeable so i wanted a gel type, after reading a couple reviews i found the most recommended to be "Meguiares Tyre Gel"
Went to supercheap this morning and purchased it not the cheapest tyre shine at $25 but i do get trade so it was only $22 ... i know right a whole $3 saving.

B5bI985.jpg

That's the one I use, smells great. Word of warning - don't apply it too thick and certainty don't drive the car until its fully dried. Its a pain to get it off the rear guards.

Also, jumping on the bandwagon - I have a white XR6 MK2 ute for sale (dedicated injected BBQ engine) with hardlid for sale that you can buy.....

aussieakito

Holden Dealer Master Tech
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Manual VY SS2, 2005 Rolla Sportivo

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Jump on stockies XR6 in that case, must admit even in NA form they drive pretty bloody well.

mark_1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Clubsport
Its stopped raining long enough for me to give the car a little attention.

Tyre Shine
Ive been using the "Australian Export" tyre shine on all of my cars ever since the Calais but now that i own a black car the overspray and fling off is too noticeable so i wanted a gel type, after reading a couple reviews i found the most recommended to be "Meguiares Tyre Gel"
Went to supercheap this morning and purchased it not the cheapest tyre shine at $25 but i do get trade so it was only $22 ... i know right a whole $3 saving.

B5bI985.jpg

That's the one I use, smells great. Word of warning - don't apply it too thick and certainty don't drive the car until its fully dried. Its a pain to get it off the rear guards.

Also, jumping on the bandwagon - I have a white XR6 MK2 ute for sale (dedicated injected BBQ engine) with hardlid for sale that you can buy.....

Yep, this is the stuff i use, it works really well. It may seem pretty expensive but considering i've had the same bottle for nearly 4 years and have about 1/10th left it last for AGES, even considering i spilt a heap of it too :)

R

Risky

id want v6 and auto for a daily.
Utes are good

Girls love utes. I get plenty of girls looking at me when I'm driving by.

Anyway, I found 2 that fit the criteria & both VY's. Both are autoy, fabricy (the same original fabric I had in mine) & Stormy.
The red one has a hardlid, 166,000kms, lowered, very clean interior & a decent head unit 2003 Holden Ute Storm S VY Auto
The delft blue one has a hardlid, 210,000kms, not lowered, standard alloys, same fabric seats as my old ones & factory head unit 2003 Holden Ute Storm S VY Auto
$490 in difference but i reckon you could knock them down.
2003 Holden Ute Storm S VY Auto
*Private Price Guide $5,600 - $7,500
*Trade In Price Guide $3,400 - $5,300
*Average Km 260,000 - 390,000

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I can sell you a black car :bomb: