Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Australian laws are ####ed compared to america

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
kind of a little thread dig here, didnt want to start a new one... i was thinking about the recent shootings in glenroy and some of the other suburbs. how do the criminals get these guns in australia? they come by boat? also when i had a dude break into my house in the states i nearly shot him. straight away he didnt post a threat by turning around and running back the way he came. plus the sks rounds (same as ak47) are a rifle round and easily go through walls and other obstructions making the strays dangerous for neighbours and bystanders... kind of an overkill home defence weapon but at the time my dad sent all the hand guns and other rifles to my grand dads house cause of all the break ins.. do you think australia is going to get to the point where all the people that shouldnt have guns are going to have them? its the biggest argument in the states, if the crims are going to have them we need them too, (plus all that govt take over crap) catch 22. there is plenty of strict guns laws on the books from what ive heard but there all geared towards felons not having them.. and but that point its too late cause they become a fellon by using them illegally, or to blatantly commit a felony... i grew up with guns and im a gun lover too, but having lived in australia for 8 years now i have to say i like the idea of going out to my car and not worrying about armed car jacks or answering the door with a smith and wesson.....

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
I'd like the idea of owning a gun, but not for home invasions. If society ever fails, we are invaded or there's a major catastrophy it would come in handy. I think it's naive to think that it couldn't happen. The masses would turn into animals very quickly.

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
I saw a story a couple of days back where 1 teenager bashed another and stole his bmx, the victim caught up with the theif and gave him a major ass whooping and put him in hospital now the theif's mother wants to sue the victim lol.

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
i too have rifles, and i love them... am i crazy on a rampage hell no.
as stated above some fire-arms are beautiful pieces of hardware especially the older types.. Muzzle loaders, hand carved stocks, stamped metal work etc...

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
probably belongs in the political thread but i think its high time the death penalty came back. after hearing this middle aged mother got stabbed over nothing in laylor.... america's bullshit is slowly creeping into this country. i moved here to get away form that ****... ####ing discussing. take them out back the court house after the trial and line them up for the firing squad... ill volunteer to be a triggerman.... light em the #### up.... cowards stabbing an unarmed woman....

Tsunamix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 2
Gun Laws. Here is how I see it.

Guns have a place, mostly on farms an dproperties for obvious reasons. People who are brought up in these places, are usually well educated in firearms safety.

These people, and these guns, are not a problem. Therefore preventing them from having firearms achieves very little.

Wankers in suburban australia who have guns, are still wankers. They have no purpose for firearms except Egotism. They should not not have firearms.

Preventing these people from having firearms will prevent accidental tragedies, and drunken hooliganism. Not a bad thing.

Avergae Joe's in the city would probably eductae and train themselves, if they had firearms. They would do a reasonable job on safety, although they would have no use for the weapons in day to day life.

preventing these people from having firearms would prevent occasional tragedies, less so than preventing wankers from having firearms.

The second last group of people are the security, military and police areas on society. They have a reason, and extensive training with weapons. Preventing these people from having weapons would INCREASE the number of tragedies occuring because the criminal elements would be allowed to run riot, much as in the UK between 1970 and 2000.

The last group of people are criminals. Criminals will have weapons whether you regulate them or not. If they want a weapon to rob someone with, they will get one, somehow. Buying, stealing, making, whatever. These people are unaffected by regulations, asd they pay no heed to laws anyway.

Consequently, regulations and laws have no effect on them.

In summary, unless you are a wanker, the gun laws have very very little effect.

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
they have a lotta weird laws lol, like arazona has a possible 25 years in prison and up to 10,000 dollar fine for cutting down a cactus...

Stressball

Rolling on 4 again :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Triton
they have a lotta weird laws lol, like arazona has a possible 25 years in prison and up to 10,000 dollar fine for cutting down a cactus...

That's the Sequoia cactus only, the 25ft tall, uncommon ones. Not a whole lot different to the penalties a council tries to slam you with if you cut down a gumtree without approval.

They police it incredibly heavily though. There's a business just in relocating Sequoias, has to have string hoops tied around ends, with authorised tags etc, stopping people from cutting bits off etc etc.