Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Australian Women Will Soon be Allowed Frontline Combat

dumpedvs

sheppa8
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx S
'The federal cabinet approved on Monday frontline combat duty for Australian women. Defence Minister Stephen Smith said the change had strong support from the chief of the Defence Force'

Australian Women Will Soon be Allowed Frontline Combat - International Business Times

Personally I think this is great that women can now serve on the frontline. If they meet the required specifications to get into their chosen field, I don't see any problem with them doing what a male can do.

Your thoughts?

VY Rossi

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY SS 5.7L M6
Imagine the public outcry when the first women gets killed or injured overseas

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
feminists are dumb enough as it is... bout time they started dying for a decent cause

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
i dont like the idea
what if 2 solders male/female fall for each other then the chick gets killed... er ****

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
If they pass the exact same testing to be in the same position as the males I am all for it.

Hate to be around during "that time of month" though, this time they got guns!!

To lead the charge:
images.jpg

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
And how could they handle the living conditions.

im not being sexist but yeah

walkahz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Wagon
Not keen on the idea, Im all for equality but there are things that women are sposed to do and things that men are sposed to do... women arnt supposed to be on the front line.... period :surprise:

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
I say good luck to them. If they pass all the requirements, the same that the men pass not some watered down girly requirements I think good for them. You can't go putting possible relationships into the equation, they would have to ban homosexuals too then.

I eagerly await minux's womens snatches are too smelly for war comments :rofl2:

captaincupcake

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega - SS Mock Up
Israel did this exact same thing and reversed it due to the significant increase of casualties that it caused

Biznatch303

Pew Pew Lasers
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR Ute/ 16 MQ Triton
This is a touchy subject for alot of people

But in my opinion it's not going to work.

I'm in the RAAF and have seen and been in what goes on and the pressure you get put under, there is a whole bunch of **** to consider, being out in a field enviroment its heaps different for a female than it is for a male, females have to have showers every 3 days and have a whole bunch of hygene stuff (for obvious reasons) they have to meet.
Males just go without and do everything as per the norm. Sure there are females out there that can meet the physical standards which is cool and i respect that but mentally, the females that ive been out field and on deployments with, i really wouldn't want to be in a gun pit with them. Mental stress is just too great for most of them.

Plus i don't know if any of you have seen or heard what goes on in SAS/Commando/ADG training but to put its simple its absolutley ####ed.

So thats my two cents but each to their own, i'm all for letting them have a go.