Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Australian Women Will Soon be Allowed Frontline Combat

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Calais Sportwagon
Minux

BFA's will be a thing of the past as the new fitness text standards will be based on your trade there will be fire and movement box lift carrying etc

Based on your trade/muster/cat/etc is STUPID!!! EVERYONE in the military is a soldier/sailor/airman first and foremost. They ALSO have a job. Basing BFAs on what you do as your job is sooooo floored. Think of the Admino's, Inello's, ATCs, they sit on their arses for their entire shift!!!

EVERYONE should know how to do, and always be able to do fire and movement, march, lift and carry. The truth is, in war, you never know what you'll actually end up doing.

Back to the OP though, women on the front lines? LOL!!! Ridiculous. The psychological issues, the ones that are actually subconscious will mean that the effectiveness of the unit is completely compromised. Males by nature, whether they're conscious of it or not, will always feel some sort of "protection responsibility" to females. It's proven fact! And as Minux said, I'd LOVE to see a woman get through cadre!!! The good news I guess is that the SAS and Commandos don't actually need a reason to not pass someone. They can simply say "not a good fit" which is actually true for women serving in those units.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Gah this just goes on and on.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
How the hell would a woman change their sanitary protection on the front line? I imagine there are no toilets to pop into every few hours! Rip the tampon out in front of the guys and insert a fresh one..... Wrong on so many levels.

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Calais Sportwagon
How the hell would a woman change their sanitary protection on the front line? I imagine there are no toilets to pop into every few hours! Rip the tampon out in front of the guys and insert a fresh one..... Wrong on so many levels.

Sadly, on exercise I've see in done! In a shell scraping. I'm sure the Taliban insurgents won't mind a time out while the women do their thing! *rolls eyes*

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine

oska

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx custom 600RR
i'd like to know what would happen if they got pregnant, then killed and the father only finds out after the autopsy

That will be one major law suit

julia gillard is on a mission to well and truly #### the country up

Biznatch303

Pew Pew Lasers
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR Ute/ 16 MQ Triton
If that gobsmacks you, join the military. That's tame compared to a LOT of things...

Hahaha i know exactly what you mean, i've seen some funny as and ####ed up ****.