Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Auto 2 Manual

BigDaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
i dont have the car it was in, but i have then enging it was on, and ofcause the gearbox itself. seems i have everything i need except the yoke and spigit bush.
the plate under the centre console just helps keep the road noise out doesnt it?? at the moment im more worried about gettin the essential stuff all together

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
do you have the hose from the master cylinder to the slave cylinder?

POVRTY

building 5L VB TH 400
Reaction score
Members Ride
Wm L98 caprice
how long is it

POVRTY

building 5L VB TH 400
Reaction score
Members Ride
Wm L98 caprice
cause there is still a hose connected to the master cylinder but its not heeps long just wondering if itd the 1

NeilB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Caprice
We are about to put the manual in. When we removed the Auto there are 3 Wiring harnesses, 1 has only 4 wires in it and went into the middle area of the box, 1 has 3 wires in it and went into the box without a conection it has a small black area on the out side, and the other 1 goes into the gearbox behing the selector. Does anyone know what they are and what should be done with them. We assume one of them is the Neutral switch and the reverse switch maybe the smaller 1 as they in about the place as they would be on a Manual.

POVRTY

building 5L VB TH 400
Reaction score
Members Ride
Wm L98 caprice
i guess we'll figure it out neil.

BigDaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
we got the box in, just gotta get a few more bolts in around the bellhousing and then we r waiting on my pedal box, long story short i was given the wrong one. Not happy. And once we get that we can bleed my new rear disc brakes and wire everything bak up and fill up me oils and its all good, had to move my stereo wiring but i'll sort that out another day :p

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
why did you have to move the stereo wiring?