Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Auto 2 Manual

BigDaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
i had my power cables thru the hole in the firewall where the master cylinder goes lol :p

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
BigDaz said:
i had my power cables thru the hole in the firewall where the master cylinder goes lol :p

LOL classic :)

BigDaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
just came across a problem, i dont have the pin on the clutch pedal that hooks to the clutch master and the spring on the pedal, anybody know if i can just use a bolt or somthing similar?

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
get the diameter and length required and go to a trade store. if it's a little to long then use a few washers. and a split pin.

NeilB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Caprice
Well the Manual is in and fitted But!!! the car will not fire up, the motor turns but just won't fire. We didn't do anything with the Auto Loom only disconected it and put it up front. We did however cut and join 2 purple wires from the relay near the battery as we were told to do this if you are using the auto ECU.
Any ideas would help!

BigDaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
We are also using a auto starter motor, any1 know if the manual starter motor is different?

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
the only time VLs had a different starter motor is on the manual turbo as the flywheel is 10mm bigger in diameter. NA auto and manual both had the same starter motor.

BigDaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
thanx bangers, i just found that out elsewhere aswell :) its got somthing to do with our park/neutral start wiring im sure of it. but what has got me is that the car turns over, just wont start. If u have an auto and try to start it in say .... 1st or reverse the car wont wind over at all.

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
Is there spark? check the lead hasn't popped off the ignition coil a little or off the dizzy.

BigDaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
she's on there. Should we have any plugs on the gearbox? coz none of the old auto g/box plugs will go into the neutral/reverse plugs on the manual