Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Auto or manual?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
That's engine-ECU tune then innit?

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Both my Monaro's are manual, my commodore is an auto and I test drove a LSA Manual. But I think I will be ordering an Auto VF2 Redline, even though it will be my daily but I will be only driving it on weekends.

Gee funny how people write things and then take it back or go opposite. I ended up going the manual in my new Redline, so i hope i went the right way over the auto. I had to drive a SSV Wagon for Holden from Adelaide back to Melbourne and it sounded great I was really impressed with the auto (car was a pilot) then I took an auto for a test drive on the weekend when deciding what to chose and it was so underwhelming i far more enjoyed the manual Redline over the auto. So went manual. Hope I go ok in peak hour traffic

Bigfella237

Reaction score
Members Ride
More cars than I've got space to park!
Dave Letterman once said...

Traffic was so bad this morning, I drove fifteen miles in neutral

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
I've been a manual enthusiast for 29 years of driving, but the paddle shift in my Redline has me converted.

have been driving V8 manuals (preferably wagons) since the late 70s... no autos to be seen in my driveway !

my missus' 1 series BMW coupe has flappy paddles with the 7 speed auto, suits the car but me ? I have tried all the GM autos
but I still prefer a manual. My HSV Tourer is a manual and it is my daily drive ( ...and I do 70ks daily in Melbourne traffic :) )

ps.. the remote start is a wank imho

ToeCutter21

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline MY15 + VF2 Redline MY17
ps.. the remote start is a wank imho

I used to think that but I'm a convert. Last week I was in Orange for a meeting. Started snowing outside and I could see car parked outside. I remote started near the conclusion of the meeting and got into a nice warm car a few minutes later. Same in summer out here. There were a few 40+ days where I was able to remote start and get into a nice cool car.

MYSS94

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR | VU2 SS Ute
manual if you are an enthusiast....end of discussion

What a dumbass statement...actual end of discussion.
#### this manual vs auto debate makes me ####in laugh every time - so many close minded ass-hats on both sides.

Drive what you want - who gives a ####

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
What a dumbass statement...actual end of discussion.
#### this manual vs auto debate makes me ####in laugh every time - so many close minded ass-hats on both sides.

Drive what you want - who gives a ####
I agree!
Of course, if you're an enthusiast that will be a manual.
Unless you need to share the car with someone who won't drive a manual - a lot of people can't justify a fun car & a utility car, so they get only the utility car, which is automatic.

bradles024

Reaction score
Members Ride
BA XR8
So an enthusiast cant buy an automatic? What a ridiculous thing to say.