Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Auto Speed Alert

wrangle

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF 2 Redline
Just picked up the new Redline, and its awesome, but I can't find a feature I rely on in the VF1 SV6 - auto speed alert. It alerts when you are 10+ kms over the road speed where indicated on the sat nav.

Has this feature disappeared? Is there any way it can be switched on?

Apologies if this isssue has been dealt with previously. I searched around but couldn't find it in another thread.

13Redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 SSV Redline
I don't know about the 17 models but on the 13 you can access the speed alert menu via the indicator arm.
Press "menu" and scroll through the menu using the cruise control speed function on the arm, you will see the "speed warning" function.

Dave.

wrangle

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF 2 Redline
I don't know about the 17 models but on the 13 you can access the speed alert menu via the indicator arm.
Press "menu" and scroll through the menu using the cruise control speed function on the arm, you will see the "speed warning" function.

Dave.
Thanks for your reply Dave.
I can find the speed alert on the menu in the same place as on my 14 model, there just isn't an option for auto speed alert. All I seem to be able to do is choose a fixed speed at which the alert will sound. Frustrating!

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
The higher level cars do not have this option just like the litres used.

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
My MY16 SV6 Black edition allows you to select how far over the limit before it alerts.

wrangle

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF 2 Redline
My dealer told me they don't have the option on the v8s because the alert would be constantly on!

I guess what I'm asking is whether there is any way the auto speed alert can be programmed to be available?

I don't really understand how the options on the menus work or their programming, but I cant imagine it as different soft/hard ware for each model??

White Swan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS
My dealer told me they don't have the option on the v8s because the alert would be constantly on!

I guess what I'm asking is whether there is any way the auto speed alert can be programmed to be available?

I don't really understand how the options on the menus work or their programming, but I cant imagine it as different soft/hard ware for each model??
Are they saying V8 owners can't control themselves?

wrangle

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF 2 Redline
Dealer was tongue in cheek, but Ive found it to be pretty much true - it's bloody hard to stay anywhere near the limit in the redline. And especially when wearing my heavy heels!

Given neither the dealer nor this forum can say whether auto speed alert can be switched on, I'm assuming that it probably can't.

Pity. I'm so fearful of getting tickets in this machine - every time I drive it I I can feel my licence points quivering!

berlina411

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline (Weekender). Truck (Daily)
Have just had a quick look in the manual for my VF2 Redline and the only option seems to be to set the speed yourself as outlined
Why would this function beavailable in an earlier version but omitted now????