Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Auto Speed Alert

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
This can be easy to do even with a SV6. I use a aftermarket HUD and it has a feature that can alert you on or every K over the Limit. I have it set at 2K over.

wrangle

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF 2 Redline
Have just had a quick look in the manual for my VF2 Redline and the only option seems to be to set the speed yourself as outlined
Why would this function beavailable in an earlier version but omitted now????
Cheers - this is my point. I can't find out why its not available or whether it can be switched on in programming. No one seems to know!

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Cheers - this is my point. I can't find out why its not available or whether it can be switched on in programming. No one seems to know!
Use the menu button on the indicator stalk. The speed alert is in the second menu.

wrangle

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF 2 Redline
Use the menu button on the indicator stalk. The speed alert is in the second menu.
Hi Anthony, Thanks for reply, but Ive got that bit. The problem is that the auto alert setting is not available. Ive got it on my sv6 but not on the redline. Cheers.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Hi Anthony, Thanks for reply, but Ive got that bit. The problem is that the auto alert setting is not available. Ive got it on my sv6 but not on the redline. Cheers.
The redline has the higher level cluster which does not have this option.

Hyperduc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline Wagon
Awesome no limits for us!

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Just picked up the new Redline, and its awesome, but I can't find a feature I rely on in the VF1 SV6 - auto speed alert. It alerts when you are 10+ kms over the road speed where indicated on the sat nav.

Has this feature disappeared? Is there any way it can be switched on?

Apologies if this isssue has been dealt with previously. I searched around but couldn't find it in another thread.

H'mmm now let me think about this !!! 10+ kms over the road speed limit IS speeding. In South Australia you would be receiving $300+ fine and numerous Demerit Points. There is no such thing as a mandated tolerance in SA. Motorists exceeding speed limits by 2km/ph have been know to get booked when detected on Speed Cameras. It is impossible to appeal a fine with Police and have it reduced to a caution for trivial matters as may be the case in some other States. As for relying on GPS with Speed Camera location warnings etc, watch your speedometer or GPS indicated speed is the smartest way to avoid fines. By the way, Schools in SA have signs upon approach clearly indicating speed reductions along with flashing lights. Couldn't be easier.

Zehq

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF2 SV6 Black
Thanks captain obvious.