Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

AutoBarn - Not Happy !

Teef

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 - - VE SV6
Hi Fella's ,
Had a new head unit installed in my VS Wagon today at Autobarn - Valley Heights NSW .
Scratches / Black marks all over the passenger side of the center console and on the glovebox .
They tried to remove the marks with no success and tried to tell me they were there in the first place before the installation - yeah right ! !
Not happy to say the least !!!!
What do you recommend I do in this situation ?
Thanks ,
Kev .

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
Did you just get the head unit done? Because there shouldn't be scrathes in those places. For exmple the glovebox would only be removed.... well.... it wouldn't even be removed for laying the cables to an amp, i'm stumped on that one!

As to what you should do, if you've got some photos before then that will help. Raise the issue with the store manager, if they can't help contact their head office.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Probably not alot you can do unless you can prove without a doubt that they did them. As mentioned, raise it with the manager and see what happens. Apart from that, if you're unhappy after that try for a refund and go elsewhere.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
got pics? center console or stereo surround?

vr/s usually need the glovebox removed depending which stereo brackets are originally in there. sounds like theyve ripped it all out, and dropped it on the ground. chances are theyve kicked or tripepd over it by accident or something.

speak to the manager/boss of the store, and see how you go. how bad are the marks and scratches? did they tell you they tried to fix them?

just remember, autobarn stores are franchises, so not every store is the same, and neither is every employee.

oh, and dont go in there fired up, and dont fire up at the staff. it just makes things worse for everyone. keep your cool. its only a bit of plastic that can be replaced from a wreckers, its not the end of the world.

Teef

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 - - VE SV6
Took the vehicle back about 30 minutes after the installation .
Had the Store Manager - Installer - and - Salesman - all trying to remove the multiple black marks all over the left hsnd side of the console and front of the glovebox .
They used three different kinds of upholstery cleaners with little result .
They said all the marks were old ones and 'not their problem' .
This is absolute bullXXXX as there were no marks on the console before the installation .
Not Happy .

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
tried wax and grease remover/prepsol?
again, pics?

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Talk to the ACCC. They are genuinely good in this kind of situation at letting you know what your options are:
Complaints & inquiries

timmy975

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE SV6 Ute
all in all autobarn are average. That's just my opinion. I got my car back with a ciggie hole on my seat cover, scuff marks in few foreign places, over all, a dodgy job. Cant be bothered chasing it up. Over it.:rip::bang:

Teef

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 - - VE SV6
Thank's for the replies guys :thumbsup:
I'll try some of your suggestions and see how I go .
I normally do my own audio installations but ran out of time .
So my next option was the nearest supplier and fitter to my current work location .
I would not recommend 'This' Autobarn shop to anyone in the future .
They don't admit damage to your vehicle interier and treat you like an idiot .
Just my personal opinion and recent experience with thes guys at Valley Heights Autobarn .
cheers .

TUF UTE

Dave
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SENATOR
be wary mentioning them dude as that can get you in **** for badmouthing them. im a fitter by trade and people think oh yeah just slapping in a cd player or working on a car is easy as ****... mate... things go wrong all the time. im not saying your wrong... and they may have not dealt with it the right way. im just saying that in the long run mate... everyone makes mistakes, they just didnt deal with it great, for twenty dollars you will get another console cover from a wreckers which may be the easiest alternative.