Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Automatic down not working

justin75#

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt s-pak 1998 commodore sedan 3.6 litre
So....my automatic down on my front driver's window has decided to not work. Vt 1998. The window works fine otherwise along with all the others.
Another issue while I'm at it is once leaving the car and locking it at night with the headlights on. They don't turn off anymore once I actually lock it with the fob. Both issues a recent and seemed to happen at the same time. Of course that's hard to say for sure. Tried to think of anything I may have done recently that could've caused this but to no avail. Checked fuses but still no luck. Hoping someone out there knows what causes this or at best knows an easy fix or just a fix In general.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
The auto down is via the switch. Most after market switches seem to have passenger with the auto down. So set up for US and Middle East and Brazil.

Headlights off is controlled by the BCM and can be repaired.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Auto down is controlled by the bcm.

I had a problem a few years ago, with the window would go down about 50 - 75 mm, but no more. The window would go back up.
One of the wires going into bcm wasn't seated properly. Once l seated the wire properly, the window would go all the way down & back up.

justin75#

Reaction score
Members Ride
The auto down is via the switch. Most after market switches seem to have passenger with the auto down. So set up for US and Middle East and Brazil.

Headlights off is controlled by the BCM and can be repaired.
Thank you. I'll give that a go.

justin75#

Reaction score
Members Ride
Auto down is controlled by the bcm.

I had a problem a few years ago, with the window would go down about 50 - 75 mm, but no more. The window would go back up.
One of the wires going into bcm wasn't seated properly. Once l seated the wire properly, the window would go all the way down & back up.
I'll be sure to check that. Thanks mate.