Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

automatically reduce speed/brake?

br77

Reaction score
Members Ride
na
Hi guys, I just got my vf2 sv6 for two weeks. And notice it sometimes automatically reduce speed or brake for me. It happens when I am driving but neither accelerating or braking. Is this normal?

Many thanks

crew_man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6 Reserve Edition Sportwagon
Hi guys, I just got my vf2 sv6 for two weeks. And notice it sometimes automatically reduce speed or brake for me. It happens when I am driving but neither accelerating or braking. Is this normal?

Many thanks

It's normal. It's just the engine braking when the transmission shifts down a gear

br77

Reaction score
Members Ride
na
thanks man,it is relatively obvious comparing to ve. feels like someone slightly step on the brake pedal

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..

Many thanks

if you are neither accelerating nor braking, what do you think might happen....?

br77

Reaction score
Members Ride
na
if you are neither accelerating nor braking, what do you think might happen....?

It is not a smoothly reduction of the speed. For example, the speed reduce from 60 to 40 smoothly without stepping on any pedal, then it feels the brake is automatically working to further reduce the speed in a sudden.