Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Backyard Spray Job on VN commodore (Black) need info

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
watch out for the huge fines if you get dobed in to

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
Yeah i have thought about Rollers but want to go 2k insted.

I have Panels that i am going to practice on and i will post up some pics when i begin it and then people can tell me where i am going wrong.

I have a Fan in the shed but it pushes air outside in not the other way around there is a window in there to so i will put a fan in that and leave the big shed door open.

I personally dont have the money to get it resprayed, but i want to learn to spray cars i have a big air comp for starters what do people recommend for psi 40psi>? 35? same goes for primer? and do i change the nozzles over after spraying primer or just wash it good?

Faynt11

Feeder of Trolls
Reaction score
Members Ride
07' VE SV6 Ute
you should be spraying at 2bar (28psi) at the gun. also use different guns for primer and paint. 2.5mm set up for primer and 1.3mm (HVLP) or 1.4 - 1.5mm (conventional) for paint. as for the fan you want the air pushed outside. I'm a spray painter by trade so if you need to know anything ask away!

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
but i want to learn to spray cars

yeah man. i know how you feel. i am actually having loads of fun messing round with paint/panel. its no something i do for a living, so its still fun :D

i dont suppose you would have a go at reversing the polarity of the fan? by doing that its a crude way of getting it to push the air out, rather than suck it in.

looking forward to pics.

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
I would like to get into it, i like my old cars so would be good to spray em, and i have a mates Celica to spray aswell might just use that for panels haha.

The fan in the Shed is more like a Wall mounted air con so it might be abit hard to mess around with it haha, i will take the glass out the window in the shed and grab a fan and stick it in the window facing out.

So no one thinks i should go with the ebay link? is there any imparticular brands i should stear away from?

Thanx for all the info as well guys much appreciated

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR