Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bad News for VR~VS Owners

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
This announcement really sux balls. Mackay was quite a capable Australian rubber manufacturer. It's not only car parts that have been lost here.
Interestingly i recently bought some Mackay bushes for a commodore from super cheap. I was surprised and disappointed that the bushes came with Mackay labels that also said made in China. How does that work??

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
Never seen an expiry date on any suspension rubbers or engine mounts ever.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Agreed.

I'm gonna grab a set of engine mounts to put on the shelf.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I figure a set of engine mounts that have sat on a shelf for a few years are probably still in better shape than the ( I suspect) original engine mounts in the 97 Senator or 83 SLE.

Bugger it, bought 2 sets including trans mounts.

AmericanGuyInAUte

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ute VS
Wow... I've had a lot of problems sourcing Ute parts I have to say. Very sad.

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
the engine mounts brand i brought are called cozza from online auto parts, probaly made in china like the all the other thousands online for sale these cost me 55 bucks delivered....... ebay promotion discount save about 10 bucks
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/121139505361

Last edited:
Reactions: Lex

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
the engine mounts brand i brought are called cozza from online auto parts, probaly made in china like the all the other thousands online for sale these cost me 55 bucks delivered....... ebay promotion discount save about 10 bucks
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/121139505361

and I'm sure you'll have them fail within 12 months. If there's one thing I've learnt and that is bargain priced parts via eBay are all crap and just designed to take your money and give you more work within the next 6 to 12 months.

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
and I'm sure you'll have them fail within 12 months. If there's one thing I've learnt and that is bargain priced parts via eBay are all crap and just designed to take your money and give you more work within the next 6 to 12 months.
well i booked the ute in to another mechanic to get them fitted last tuesday plus a rego check as you know in nsw every year for vehicles over 5 years old

he rang me and said these don t need replacing there still good with plenty of clearance he told me what to look out for when do they go bad so it cost me $80 to put it on the hoist and the rego check

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I've struck it lucky with some eBay unamed parts.