Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bad News for VR~VS Owners

Hole Denn

Reaction score
Members Ride
HoleDens
and I'm sure you'll have them fail within 12 months. If there's one thing I've learnt and that is bargain priced parts via eBay are all crap and just designed to take your money and give you more work within the next 6 to 12 months.
People know that you only get what you pay for and poor people pay twice
Sounds like you have learnt to avoid buying those cheap brands/parts from experience fitting them :)

Nick Scali

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Caprice
A lot of Repco parts and products are pretty average these days. I rarely go there now.

I'm former parts industry - all the Burson/Repco category managers (they're the guys at head office who decide which suppliers to buy from) have a fetish for cheap poor quality Chinese made bullshit that costs them **** all by the container load while they charge workshops and you as the end user up the ass for poor quality bullshit.

I've got a problem with RDA rotors, especially when fitted to Euros, I've made that mistake twice just to see if the first time was a once-off, they offer poor performance compared to the OEM rotors, which is due to the European Union actually enforcing standards for replacement automotive parts, which we don't have in Australia. You can sell any under performing bullshit automotive replacement product from China, thats why we have all these cheap shitty rotors, brake pads, tyres et al flooding our market - they still charge you up the ass over the counter they just sell shitty Chinese product at top dollar.

There's an EU regulation specifically for brake pads (and rotors), called ECE R90, if you want good quality brake pads buy ones with ECE R90 approval - TRW brake pads meet these standards.

DBA does now too:

https://dba.com.au/dba-product-range-to-comply-with-ece-r90/

Last edited: