Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bad suprise after a cruise

Status
Not open for further replies.

RazzaCaine

Long Gone Now
Reaction score
Members Ride
---
guys, wtf? clearly this guy isnt hanling it well and he just needed to share and u all have turn it into what eachothers seen and whose harder/softer?
show some ****ing respect.

Jonno.

agreed, shame noone else has seen your point here...

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 II Commodore - Chlorophyll
ive seen my fair share of accidents, being a volunteer firefighter i attend car accidents and we are usually first on scene, its not something i paticularly like to do but someone has to. ive found that ive become a bit desensitized to it, still get the horrible feeling when you get the call to go to a car accident, never know who it could be.

I'm the same. One accident I attended was pretty nasty. What was even worse was that the person that was killed was one of the members mothers. Very well known in the area.
Generally you should take professional CISM councilling.

Dragz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
God, what has my thread turned into...
All i was trying to say is that it was not a nice scene to see, i had a great night untill that moment.
I just felt sorry and had that sick feeling in my gut..

Reaction score
Members Ride
All i was trying to say is that it was not a nice scene to see, i had a great night untill that moment.

As I said in previous post get some CISM Councilling mate

Dragz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
I dont know what that is but i dont need it thanks anyway

This is the Article

Witnesses to this morning's incident told police that a 42-year-old man was walking along Princes Highway before trying to cross over near Elonera Rd.
The man was hit by an east-bound car and died at the scene.

The driver of the car, a 27-year-old Dandenong North man, is assisting police with their investigation.

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6

Just ignore all the crap. How u feeling about it now? Of course its natural to feel a bit off about it- well for us civilians anyway. If you are finding yourself affected by it in the coming weeks then maybe you ought to seek counselling.

metalfossil

Reaction score
I'd be really interested in opinions on why some people are affected so differently by witnessing a dead body.

To the OP I wish I'd seeked out counselling after being involved in a fatal in during the course of my employment.

We're all different I guess....thank goodness for that

Dragz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
Just ignore all the crap. How u feeling about it now? Of course its natural to feel a bit off about it- well for us civilians anyway. If you are finding yourself affected by it in the coming weeks then maybe you ought to seek counselling.

I feel fine now, it was just the shock of seeing that but ye all good.

Reaction score
Members Ride
I dont know what that is but i dont need it thanks anyway

This is the Article

Witnesses to this morning's incident told police that a 42-year-old man was walking along Princes Highway before trying to cross over near Elonera Rd.
The man was hit by an east-bound car and died at the scene.

The driver of the car, a 27-year-old Dandenong North man, is assisting police with their investigation.

Critical Incident Stress Management

Purpose
CISM is designed to help people deal with their trauma one incident at a time, by allowing them to talk about the incident when it happens without judgment or criticism. The program is peer-driven and the people giving the treatment may come from all walks of life, but most are first responders or work in the mental health field. All interventions are strictly confidential, the only caveat to this is if the person doing the intervention determines that the person being helped is a danger to themself or to others. The emphasis is always on keeping people safe and returning them quickly to more normal levels of functioning.
Normal is different for everyone, and it is not easy to quantify. Critical incidents raise stress levels dramatically in a short period of time and after treatment a new normal is established, however, it is always higher than the old level. The purpose of the intervention process is to establish or set the new normal stress levels as low as possible.
Recipients

Critical incidents are traumatic events that cause powerful emotional reactions in people who are exposed to those events. The most stressful of these are line of duty deaths, co-worker suicide, multiple event incidents, delayed intervention and multi-casualty incidents.[9] Every profession can list their own worst case scenarios that can be categorized as critical incidents. Emergency services organizations, for example, usually list the Terrible Ten.[10] They are:
  1. Line of duty deaths
  2. Suicide of a colleague
  3. Serious work related injury
  4. Multi-casualty / disaster / terrorism incidents
  5. Events with a high degree of threat to the personnel
  6. Significant events involving children
  7. Events in which the victim is known to the personnel
  8. Events with excessive media interest
  9. Events that are prolonged and end with a negative outcome
  10. Any significantly powerful, overwhelming distressing event
While any person may experience a critical incident, conventional wisdom says that members of law enforcement, fire fighting units, and emergency medical services are at great risk for posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD). However, less than 5% of emergency services personnel will develop long-term PTSD symptomatology.[11] That percentage increases when responders endure the death of a co-worker in the line of duty. This rate is only slightly higher than the general population average of 3–4%,[12] which indicates that despite the remarkably high levels of exposure to trauma

Low_VX_Taxi

Blanned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blundstone boots
Id say a dead body is worse than rape. At least the person who got raped is still alive

A dead body is peaceful, rape is a violent vile act.... no comparison....

O.P See a councillor, first time is always hard to cope with. No one on here is a psychologist trained with dealing with traumatic events such as what you witnessed (as they wouldn't be driving a friggen commodore) so best to see someone who can help. Don't put it off as it festers inside if you don't get shown how to cope.....

*goes back to trolling.....

Edit: probably a bit simplistic, not all deaths are peaceful but a dead body (no matter how gruesome) imo is more peaceful than such a vile and scarring act such as rape.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.