Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bagged vk

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
hey

what would be involved in putting airbag suspension on all 4 wheels on a vk sedan..

thanks

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
Looking at other installs, you could use some generic front bags and wouldn't be too hard, I don't know jack about airbags, but have helped a few mates install them and of the 3 cars i've helped out with 2 of them used universal front bags, it just depends on your mounting points and height etc, you should be able to find some though.

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
what sort of height restrictions would i be at, like could i go really low, lower than UL's and still be legal as long as i can put it up?

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
what sort of height restrictions would i be at, like could i go really low, lower than UL's and still be legal as long as i can put it up?

Can't help you with that one, we can lay frame over here if we want.

VryNeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL EXEC

FAT.36L

8,000RPM FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo S13 Onevia
You wouldn't bother cause its a soild axle car its not going to go to the ground unless its mini tubbed

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
You wouldn't bother cause its a soild axle car its not going to go to the ground unless its mini tubbed

Yea been a few, and they already have a massive movement area, but your right to get her right down you'd need to cut and weld, it wasn't the ground point I was getting at more the fact that I don't know what the legal requirements in Oz are, so couldn't help him.