Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Barina

cmarico

Rollin..
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina II
Hi I hit a 07 barina with my door (carpark - opened door and the wind caught it and hit her door). Anyway - her insurance company quoted me 1k. The dint is th size of a 5c piece, maybe 1/2 to 1cm deep. There is minor paint damage (my paint on her car - metho will take it off). I was expecting this to cost max $300.

They want to charge labour on removing the front bumper and the headlights, as well as the wipers. I ONLY hit the front LH door. The only reason I can think for this is wiring.

So am I being taken for a ride? How much SHOULD this cost..? Anyone know any cheap panel beater's in the SE suburbs of Melbourne? And how much for a whole front door for a barina (not the interior of it).

Thanks in advance. :rip:

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Hi I hit a 07 barina with my door (carpark - opened door and the wind caught it and hit her door). Anyway - her insurance company quoted me 1k. The dint is th size of a 5c piece, maybe 1/2 to 1cm deep. There is minor paint damage (my paint on her car - metho will take it off). I was expecting this to cost max $300.

They want to charge labour on removing the front bumper and the headlights, as well as the wipers. I ONLY hit the front LH door. The only reason I can think for this is wiring.

So am I being taken for a ride? How much SHOULD this cost..? Anyone know any cheap panel beater's in the SE suburbs of Melbourne? And how much for a whole front door for a barina (not the interior of it).

Thanks in advance. :rip:

Are they ment to give 3 quotes? To repair a door and paint - maybe $300 tops.

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
i had my drivers side door repaired and they had to redo the clear on the rear door aswell and it cost me $380.

ask for another qoute

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Ask her to take it to a repairer nominated by you as you are the one paying for it. Are you insured? Let the insurance companies battle it out. Or you could take the hard line approach and tell her to get ****ed because it was in a carpark.

cmarico

Rollin..
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina II
her insurance already contacted me. i'd love to use the hard line approach though, but somehow i dont think it's gonna stick.

i would go through my insurance, but my excess is 1200 or 1500 so its pointless.

89vncommy

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VN Caladore
Question the insurance company. Maybe there were some other things that were wrong on the car, and she has taken it to a friendly repairer who is making you pay for more damage then what you caused.

Ask if you can meet the assesor at the vehicle whilst it is at the repair shop ... Might be worth a try ..

adam69

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubby
Ask to see a copy of the quote.I would tell them to go jump.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Contact your insurance company just to see where you stand. You may be surprised to learn that the excess may not apply to a situation like that. You may just have to pay the repair cost. But I wouldn't take their quote as gospel. You are entitled to get your own quotes and repair the car without going through her insurance company. The proper way to do it would be to get three quotes and take the car to which ever repairer you decide on. If both insurance companies were involved then it would be at their discretion where it got repaired.

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Have to agree, don't take that, It is very common for people to get other work done at someone elses expense.