Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Barina

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec
FFS You can buy a whole new barina for that price. Definitely check the quote

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
im not to sure dont quote me on this but i think you will find that a good portion of that $1000 would go to the insurance to cover there mucking around finding a repairer or maybey shes going you for her excess aswell as the repair costs??

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
just had a look at my daughter has a Barina ,and there is no need to remove the bumper and light to re-spray the door . Most panel beaters only mask these parts anyway . Tell her you will offer $200 or see her in court .

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
...Or you could take the hard line approach and tell her to get ****ed because it was in a carpark.

Thats a bit harsh. I don't think you'd take it too well if I opened a door onto your car and I told you to "get ****ed". Then again it is a rediculous quote at $1000 and removal of the bumper and light. Someone's taking you for a ride.

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
i know it isnt the same but i screwed up when i was backing my old datsun out of the shed and left the door open. bent the door. to cut a long story short...

to remove the door i had to remove the front guard. to remove the guard i had to removed the apron. to remove the apron i had to remove the bumper and headlights.
My suspicion is that the plastic protector under the wipers is covering bolts to help with the removal of the guard.
Door itself might be 300 to replace. they will charge for paint, and i think oven time. which could take it around 500-600.
then the fitting, mucking around pulling all those bits off to get to the bits the really need.
Add to that removing trims and glass from the old door and installing in the new door.
remember, these guys are out to make a profit.

having said that, even if you don't use your insurance you are still entitled to get 3 quotes before you need to think any harder.
Don't bargain on getting out if it cheaply.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Thats a bit harsh. I don't think you'd take it too well if I opened a door onto your car and I told you to "get ****ed". Then again it is a rediculous quote at $1000 and removal of the bumper and light. Someone's taking you for a ride.

I've had three different incedents in car parks, one where I saw what happened, two where I came out and found a smashed tail light. The one where I witnessed it, the lady drove into the back of my car and dented my bumper, XW Falcon, chrome bumper, she had a 4wd with a towbar tongue mounted on the bullbar, probably to park a boat or caravan. Totally buggered my bumper, I said to her "Nice parking, can I get your details and your insurance company?" She said "No, this is a private carpark, I don't have to give you ****". I took the rego and reported it to the shopping complex management and the police. The shopping centre gave me $100 towards getting it repaired, the police basically said stiff ****.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
That is ****ed. I didnt know that if it happened in a shopping center carpark you could tell them to go jump... Not that im going to purposly go and reverse into someones car.

Ive come back from shopping and found someone had hit my car while parking. Had black paint on the front bumper. No dints, paint came off with metho so i was pretty lucky.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
I've had three different incedents in car parks, one where I saw what happened, two where I came out and found a smashed tail light. The one where I witnessed it, the lady drove into the back of my car and dented my bumper, XW Falcon, chrome bumper, she had a 4wd with a towbar tongue mounted on the bullbar, probably to park a boat or caravan. Totally buggered my bumper, I said to her "Nice parking, can I get your details and your insurance company?" She said "No, this is a private carpark, I don't have to give you ****". I took the rego and reported it to the shopping complex management and the police. The shopping centre gave me $100 towards getting it repaired, the police basically said stiff ****.

I fail to see how this could work. If someone vandalises a car in a car park do the police say stiff ****? If someone steals a car is it stiff ****? Damaging a car via an accident is still a form of vandalism if anything.

You should have passed the details on to your insurance company. All they need is a registration plate and they will do the rest.

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze

thats when you get a bat and start making some love taps, and hey its a private carpark u dont have to give her ****!:thumbsup:

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I fail to see how this could work. If someone vandalises a car in a car park do the police say stiff ****? If someone steals a car is it stiff ****? Damaging a car via an accident is still a form of vandalism if anything.

You should have passed the details on to your insurance company. All they need is a registration plate and they will do the rest.

It depends on the level of damage I'd imagine. As mine was minor the police didn't want to know. If you reported it to your insurance company it might be different because that would actually cost them money so it is in their best interest to chase up the person who did it.
My XW wasn't insured then, only had 3rd party.