Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Barina

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
thats when you get a bat and start making some love taps, and hey its a private carpark u dont have to give her ****!:thumbsup:

oh dear now there is a misled person.
doesnt matter where the car is insurance can get in on the act.
you can even be fined by the epa for dropping rubbish in a carpark so what makes you think wrecking someones car would be any different!>?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The road traffic act makes it different. As a car park isn't a road, the road traffic act doesn't apply. Insurance companies get results because they pursue it civilly, not through a criminal court. Police can get involved if hey want to but not as part of a traffic accident, only when a complaint is made about the damage. Sometimes the police will not get involved if the damage is minor or nobody got hurt. A bit like a neighbour dispute. Let the owner of the carpark sort it out.
EDIT Some carparks have signs stating that people park at their own risk.

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
ah i get it. still doesnt make whoever said "cant do ****" correct.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
If I had comprehensive insurance the bitch would have paid. People should just have a bit more respect for other peoples property, or the car parks should be bigger.

Trav001

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 VH SL 3.3 Litre 5 speed, 2002 VY Executive
thats a rip off!, no way known a lil dent like that would cost that much, a car with a caved in front end repair bill cost that much but not a lil dent. take em to court if they give ya trouble.

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
Hi I hit a 07 barina with my door (carpark - opened door and the wind caught it and hit her door). Anyway - her insurance company quoted me 1k. The dint is th size of a 5c piece, maybe 1/2 to 1cm deep. There is minor paint damage (my paint on her car - metho will take it off). I was expecting this to cost max $300.

They want to charge labour on removing the front bumper and the headlights, as well as the wipers. I ONLY hit the front LH door. The only reason I can think for this is wiring.

So am I being taken for a ride? How much SHOULD this cost..? Anyone know any cheap panel beater's in the SE suburbs of Melbourne? And how much for a whole front door for a barina (not the interior of it).

Thanks in advance. :rip:

well i dont see this as a total rip, if the car was a 3 layer pearl (which is getting common) it means you can not blow in the paint, i requires you to do the whole door and blend into the next panel (being the front guard)
the whole door will need to be take appart to remove its handle and lock as well as window moulds and rubbers.

the reason bar and other accerious are quated to be removed as it is impossible with some cars to mask off panel as the gaps are sealed with rubbers.
removing of a bar allows a panel to be accessed and as vlv8vic discribed it may require you to remove cirtain panels to get to others. some cars require head lights to come out before the bar comes off. some come off with reo atached and some dont.
every car is diffrent so a repair on a magna door and repair on a bmw door would be totally diffrent in pricing

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
Yep it does cost this much. I left a small black mark on the back of a CRV and it cost $1600 to fix. $350 was just for mixing paint. Panel beaters can really rip you. I fixed my tboned car for $300 and panel beaters wanted $3500. It's rediculous.

cmarico

Rollin..
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina II
Here is a pic of the damage. Sorry about the quality but yeah. They want 1k for that piece of ****.. Sorry about the file size but not too sure how to change it/+ the actual size of the photo itself.

index.php

If anyone wants to photoshop it for me i'll gladly replace the image with something smaller in size and geometry.