Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

basic water injection non boosted

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Npn will have a ground on emitter.

Power transistors MUST be heat sinned, especially if going into the engine bay of a car.

Yes it needs to go into a plastic box. Available from jaycar also.

You can pick yourself up an experiment board that we call a "breadboard" you insert your components into it and use small jumper wires to connect everything together. Once you're done, I would then move it to a small expermenters pcb which will allow it all to be soldered to a board and made into a neat package that can then be mounted into a box. Point to point wiring is not OK in this instance.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
ok so the total resistance of the circuit should be 12ohms???

nah man, pay attention to the K at the back of the 12.

K means add 000 to it so its 12000ohms.

just print off that very first pic with the black box lising the components and the boys at jaycar will no doubt give you a lecture and laugh at your noobishness. even to this day, those freaks still like to school me on electronics... youre just stood there like a retard when theyre all like [to their workmate] "ha! this guy here thinks he can huafilofgiadfgifdgiuad*stupid electronics speak*fhfihgisgfhaolsghd"

they all chuckle and you wanna just tip over their stupid display stand.

anyway, sorry bout that.

TheVsStig

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs 97 wagon
umm........... ok then??????

lol at your jaycar rant

ok so how come i cant just wire point to point, i thought if i kept it all neat and tidy point to point wouldn't be an issue?
btw whats a ground emitter? yes yes i know, noobish

TheVsStig

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs 97 wagon
ahh i got it now lol i finally understand the full diagram. what tas was saying sounds like the best way to do it i know, and my head says i should do the whole bread board then pcb thing. but my pocket says direct point, how much would a bread board and pcb cost?

i guess i shouldn't be a tightwad all the time. the guys at my local jaycar are pretty cool, in the past they have wired up switches to go from 12v to 6v on the one switch running off two 6volt battery packs. then left it so i just had to connect to power.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka

TheVsStig

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs 97 wagon

TheVsStig

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs 97 wagon
neither of those serve your purpose. on is on/of and the other will spray a fixed timing injector. i.e. it wont change with revs

yeh i know but i got excited at first, still think they are cool though. as with other stuff i found on jay car, like air fuel ratio meters and other tuning tools.

btw going to jaycar tomorrow morning, does anyone know how much i should be paying for solder???

Edit - here's the pump for anyone who cares, the pressure switch is mounted on top with a screw (mine is coming with a 17psi switch) http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/221338934233?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649