Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

basic water injection non boosted

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
with some of the info posted, i've had a bit of a think.. working on the continuous spraying, which the ratio/pressure wont be able to be changed as yet..

you have the pump, hose, scrap the injector and go for a misting nozzle. if you take the feed from the TPS you'll need another jaycar kit, work out what 1500rpm is in voltage from TPS, then have that activate the pump for misting.

what i havent found as yet, is a module/way that you can feed voltage to, and say reference a table, which in turn would up the line/pump pressure to increase the amount of mist. IE 30% throttle add 10psi, 40% throttle add another 10psi etc..

EDIT: i wonder if a malpassi style regulater would work in increasing the pressure to the nozzle based on vacuum

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
I love lamp.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

TheVsStig

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs 97 wagon
yes thankyou, i'm kinda over the debate to be honest.

ephect you have a good idea but it has taken 195 posts to get this far, so i'm going ahead as planned i've started making the board today and will finish tonight. 90% will be setup by the weekend but it wont be completely finished until next week, i will upload a how to for anyone interested so we can finally put this thread to bed.

if your not interested in the way i do it or you think you can do better, by all means show us. but if you just want to add negativity to the topic i'm switching my ears off, i was so close to completely abandoning this thread in the few pages before, it really deteriorated similar to watching parliament. honestly cant believe i got sucked into such a go no where debate.

btw ephect i would be keen to see your idea developed further and if it can be done, i might even do a setup that way to compare the difference one day.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
*sigh*

you didnt get sucked into anything. YOU determined the direction your build would take. YOU said that you wanted to add an injector to an injector, all i did was give you a means to do that without DESTROYING your ECU.

MAY I ADD that i charge out at $150 bucks per hour to do outside consultation when it comes to RHD conversions and making their conversion do things that it normally didnt do before, for example the LHS window rolls down when they press the RHS window button. people drag carcasses of cars to me and i charge them a god damn fortune to get it running and they pay me and smile and thank me and shake my hand.

you got around 6 hours for ####ING FREE. so stop being a little bitch, give me rep for the help, and get this thing running, else go mope to street commodores and see how much help theyll give you.

TheVsStig

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs 97 wagon
Ari i never said anything about getting sucked in to a debate with you, i was refering to the tsunamix thing. you've got no idea how much i appreciate the help you and other people have given me. sorry if i was forgetting to hit the like button on all your posts thats my bad i forgot.

btw can i ask what exactly you are to charge 150 an hour, not saying i don't believe you but i'm trying to find a descent career direction to do with cars that doesn't involve changing people's tyres and oil. i was thinking upholstery or auto elec, possibly tansmissions but i can't find anyone willing to give me a go with tranys.

Bowen

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX S manual 3.8L SP
with some of the info posted, i've had a bit of a think.. working on the continuous spraying, which the ratio/pressure wont be able to be changed as yet..

you have the pump, hose, scrap the injector and go for a misting nozzle. if you take the feed from the TPS you'll need another jaycar kit, work out what 1500rpm is in voltage from TPS, then have that activate the pump for misting.

what i havent found as yet, is a module/way that you can feed voltage to, and say reference a table, which in turn would up the line/pump pressure to increase the amount of mist. IE 30% throttle add 10psi, 40% throttle add another 10psi etc..

EDIT: i wonder if a malpassi style regulater would work in increasing the pressure to the nozzle based on vacuum

I spent a while last night thinking along the same line as you but yeah we need variable pressure and you can't use a rising rate reg as they only operate like that on boost and a normal fpr only fluctuates like what 10 pound in total? So not enough for us..... If you had multiple nozzles (say 4 for example) all hooked to the 1 pump with a regulator of some description on each and then hooked each one to a vacuum solenoid switch and have one open at say 20pound vac, one at 13, 8, and 1 you could achieve a variation in flow but the thing is then you don't get a linear increase.....

Alternatively if you could find a pump which can alter pressure by voltage you could just piggy back the tps signal so to speak.....

Just dropped my phone in my cup of coffee thanks alot tasminax lol

Bowen

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX S manual 3.8L SP
Did anyone look at the aqua tune link? Interesting read.... Hydrogen power available now!