Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

basic water injection non boosted

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
KMA $150 and ur my bitch for an hour, no problem with that. Solved within the hour or too hard / forget it. I'd gladly pay $300 / hour for experience, direction and advice on real shitsticklers with you or Ari at my side, get it done in half the time. Contra'd with beer or wine of course.
:yarr:

EDIT: I'm obviously three sheets to the wind early on a Satdy morn!

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
KMA $150 and ur my bitch for an hour, no problem with that. Solved within the hour or too hard / forget it. I'd gladly pay $300 / hour for experience, direction and advice on real shitsticklers with you or Ari at my side, get it done in half the time. Contra'd with beer or wine of course.
:yarr:

EDIT: I'm obviously three sheets to the wind early on a Satdy morn!

Hahahahahahaha

TheVsStig

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs 97 wagon
i went to hook this up today and as soon as power is to it it just holds the injector open and smoke started coming out of the box i made up. i pulled the box apart and went over everything like 10 times, as far as i can see i have done everything right i did however notice that my resistor are what i believe to be 12ohm not 12k ohm. heres the product number just type it into jaycar RR0526. are these the right resistors? is this way it all went to ****? edit btw are earth and negative the same thing can i just run earth to the negative terminal on my battery? and can i join all the earth wires together as one?

Last edited:

TheVsStig

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs 97 wagon
ok i managed to find some 12k resistors and i made it again from scratch. this time went much better but the injector wasn't pulsing at all, theres a few things i think could be the cause.

1: i only had 12k resistor if you look in the item list it says one of them should be 10k, i didn't think it would make much diff just to test quickly though
2: i wired both the earths together on the pcb board and then ran a wire too the neg terminal on my battery
3: the diode i have is black with a silver stripe i put that stripe closest to vcc not the injector, is this right?
4: am i right in thinking on the water injector 1 is positive and 2 is negative?
5: i ran vcc straight to the battery terminal surely thats ok isnt it?

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Your diode is back to front.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Taken from Car Alarm, Car Stereo, Mobile Video, and Cruise Control Info for Installers

Further reading here... Diodes

Blocking Diodes, Isolating Door Triggers and Sensors, Diodes Across the Coil of Relays

Here's another installer friendly component you should always have handy. Blocking diodes/rectifier diodes (1N4001/L, 1N4004/L, 1N4007/L...) are one way valves used in electrical circuits. These are very simple devices that are often real time savers. Other than the amperage and voltage rating of the diode, there are only three basic things to remember:

1. Cathode (side with the stripe)
2. Anode (side without the stripe)
3. Anytime the cathode is more positive than the anode, no current will flow.
diode
common 4000 series diodes
diodesymb.gif

12voltdiodes.gif

Further reading here... Diodes

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
I started by reading the thread on de-carbonising engines with water , and was linked to this , what the hell happened to the morning .

TheVsStig

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs 97 wagon
i must be missing something here, from what i can see on the diagram the cathode should be closest to the vcc. is the diagram wrong or have i just got this totally mixed up?? sorry for being a noob.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
When the voltage is higher at the cathode then it is at the anode... No voltage will pass.

So in other words.. If you whack power on the cathode (silver stripe end) the diode will block all power from going through it.

Like a one way valve and water... It has to be put in the right way or the water can't get through