Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bathurst 2015

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Whincup has set the fastest lap ever around the mountain in today's practice at 2.04.91 with the fastest 9 cars all under 2.06.

Looks like there is going to be a bit of pace on over the weekend.

And David Reynolds back pocket is $25k lighter after dropping the term "pussy wagon" in reference to the Gracie / de Silvestro entry.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
LOL, service stops, including pad changes.... with wings

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
Not very nice comments but the fine was a bit OTT. Is good to see some women in the race. Don't expect them to finish too highly after all Simona has never raced a tin top before and she is the senior driver but still good to see them there.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Holden on pole with a track record, Ford in the wall - situation normal...

Last edited by a moderator:

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Bad one for Chas.............looked like it going to climb the wall and go over.

I have seen 2 cars go over the wall, a Cortina and Datsun 1600 back in the '60s........very exciting stuff.

We were talking the other day about driver training etc here.......notice the way Chas gets his right hand off the wheel when about to hit, but not quite quick enough for the left one.......hence a broken wrist.
Please note, you should always get both hands off the wheel before you hit. Safety lesson over.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Oooh, that's a biggin.

Broken leg as well.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I think the only reason that didn't go over the wall was because of the track marshal stand that took a good hit.

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
Bad one for Chas.............looked like it going to climb the wall and go over.

I have seen 2 cars go over the wall, a Cortina and Datsun 1600 back in the '60s........very exciting stuff.

We were talking the other day about driver training etc here.......notice the way Chas gets his right hand off the wheel when about to hit, but not quite quick enough for the left one.......hence a broken wrist.
Please note, you should always get both hands off the wheel before you hit. Safety lesson over.

Do race cars have collapsible steering Columns ? If not this would probably be why he took his hands off the wheel, someone on the street would be okay because i'm fairly sure all steering columns collapse on crash to prevent broken wrists etc.

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
Holden on pole with a track record, Ford in the wall - situation normal...

thanks for posting that. I've got no telly and no live streaming so this year I have to rely on 'Live Timing'. Sort of makes it hard to see what's going on.
Mostert prob out of the race with busted wrist and leg ! Won't be happy seeing as he's so high in the championship point score.

Last edited by a moderator:

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6