Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Battery and Engine light coming on???????????

nome19

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt executive
Heya,
Yesterday while driving my vt, the engine completetly cut out, the battery light had been popping up on my dash for a few days prior, when the engine cut out the engine light came on and just before that I had nothing working on my dash..?? Im thinking the alternator and the battery? Is there any thing else I should be considering?

rb26dett

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 A4
Checked to see if the battery terminals were tight?

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
the alternator is not charging the battery so when your battery went flat the engine has lost power and turned off as its an efi engine. If you charge your battery the car will start again but will turn off again once the battery discharges, you most likely need to replace the voltage regulator on the alternator to fix this problem

nome19

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt executive
the alternator is not charging the battery so when your battery went flat the engine has lost power and turned off as its an efi engine. If you charge your battery the car will start again but will turn off again once the battery discharges, you most likely need to replace the voltage regulator on the alternator to fix this problem

Thats exactly what happened, once the car had cut out the first time had the battery charged and the car started fine than cut out again completely. I have now had the alternator changed over there is no battery light on the dash and everything seems fine!!
Thanks so much for the info!! Great help.