Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Battery Carked It!

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I think the little window is there for wank factor only. I've had them show green and the battery has been cactus. Only way I have found to properly test is load test.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I hear decent reports about Supercharge. I have a Supercharge dual purpose (crank and deep cycle) and I have had it for 4 or 5 years and it still holds charge. I'm thinking about dropping in the ute if the current one fails, providing the configuration works. Century batteries are cheap in Adelaide fair bit cheaper than Supercharge. I have a had a couple of them fail so tend to stay away from them now. I wasn't overly impressed with my Exide, it only lasted two years. Exide don't hold up well to excessive vibration.

I bought a Century Battery just over 12 months ago...(Still have the receipt)...Wasn't cheaper than a supercharge battery at the time, even getting the Century battery on sale through supercheap...Century batteries come with a 2 year warranty

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
brought a century ultra hi performance from supercheap when it was on special just over a month ago for the vz comes with a 3 years warranty also got the same in the ute and thats around 5 years old now and still going strong
the new ultra one is sealed where the old ultra one needs water

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I bought a Century Battery just over 12 months ago...(Still have the receipt)...Wasn't cheaper than a supercharge battery at the time, even getting the Century battery on sale through supercheap...Century batteries come with a 2 year warranty
there is an auto electrical place in Adelaide who sell them really cheap. I have bought three batteries off them. I would post the name but i can not remember who they are called. But i found them on Google. They don't make much on each battery he said but they sell a lot of them.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I have ab idea its called Peter and Rick

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I'll keep them in mind if I ever need a battery

David Wood

Reaction score
Members Ride
QDG130 VT Commodore Sedan
Hi guys! Update is that the battery and the CAS were the problem. All fixed so thanks for the comments and help! Cheers!

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Great to hear it's all sorted.