Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Battery died and need new one

Shen Long

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Caprice 5.7L
I disagree, I had two Century batteries fail under warranty. Century are dirt cheap in Adelaide if you know where to buy them from. Only one place that sells them way cheaper than SCA and the likes. I'd only consider a Century battery if I happen to be in Adelaide at the time of needing one and only because they are cheap.
I’ve always had good luck with mine…

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I’ve always had good luck with mine…
I believe @vc commodore has had decent experiences with them too. However I and a few others have reported on here a few years ago about negative experiences with Century batteries.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
i only buy delco
but have noticed a drop in quality in the last few years

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I believe @vc commodore has had decent experiences with them too. However I and a few others have reported on here a few years ago about negative experiences with Century batteries.

Coming up 5 years for the Century in the VC.....That's a replacement for the original one I bought that failed under warranty...

Bought a supercharge for my VY.....Had a Century in the VY when I bought it but I thought it was dying when I replaced it....However stupid me didn't do a load test before replacing it...Turned out to be my stereo causing the battery to die...The Century out of the VY is still fine

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
What killed the battery?

Reason I ask is if your got a power drain or busted alternator you may kill the new battery

Shen Long

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Caprice 5.7L

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I had two Century UHP fail within weeks of each other. Current one is going on 2 years. One in the magna is pushing 4. Prior to that I recall they went for years. I can only conclude they had some bad batches

Shen Long

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Caprice 5.7L
I had two Century UHP fail within weeks of each other. Current one is going on 2 years. One in the magna is pushing 4. Prior to that I recall they went for years. I can only conclude they had some bad batches
I think at some point century batteries may have had an issue with their manufacturer(s) & there were many bad batches going around...

again personally, I’ve always had good experiences with them….

James webb

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ssv
What killed the battery?

Reason I ask is if your got a power drain or busted alternator you may kill the new battery
Alternator is about a year old so hoping just needs a new battery

James webb

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ssv
Thought your name sounded familiar.

You any relation to that space telescope? Only kidding. :cool: Keep on looking, searching for whatevers out there?:cool::)
Haha just Googled it
I'm gonna hit them up for royalties