Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

BCM Upgrade low or mid to lux or high via patch harness

jip123

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Equipe S2
Hi there

I dont know if its been done but i am going to attepmt making a patch harness to be able to plug in a high bcm in an low commodore. i could use as much help as possible if it has been done please let me know. if not ill just have to try it.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
I am not too knowledgeable on BCM wiring but I think that it all depends on which extra features you want to add. I think it would work without a patch harness. This just my opinion and not fact.
Why do you want to upgrade your BCM?

jip123

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Equipe S2
My bcm deid :( figured try upgrading to a higher level. i have wiring diagrams wire colour look the same but in different spots

s_ikari2015

Fun IS easier with an 8
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 Monaro V2 CV8, '90 Toyota Sera
you're going to have problems going from low/mid to lux/high because the biggest difference that I can see is the Anti-Theft. Low/Mid doesn't have it, but lux/high does.

Other differences are easily fitted; electric aerial, variable speed wiper for lux/high and for high only, rear light failure warning (resistance only not canbus), twilight/auto lights (will need a sensor installed/wired)... oh, and high doesn't have an interface for rear wipers on wagons. Guess there were never any high BCM wagons.