Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Be Honest

chappy

VY2 R8 Clubsport
Reaction score
Website
www.hsv-holden.com.au
Members Ride
VY2 R8 Clubsport
I'll be honest. How old are you? If you're only just getting your licence I don't think an insurance company would give you a second look. With extractors and exhaust and P plates you're insurance would be way over $2K. I don't mean any disrespect but a stock 3.8L VT will have plenty enough power for ANY P plater.

Here Here well said!

I total aggree before your start worrying about power and **** like that you would be better off spending your dollars and a good driving course first up.

If you are hell bent on improving you car that cool to but I would suggest you start with the tyres (good quality one) and brakes (new pads and get your rotars skimmed or replaced). This will make your car safer.

And as the other guy said you will be pushing **** up hill trying to get insurance with thoes mods on your vehicle.

BIG HINT. Make sure you have insurance before you start to turn a wheel, I am sure you wouldn't want to be paying off a dept for a accident for the next 15 years if you unluckly got involved in a bingle with a BMW or Benz.

Anyway best of luck with you new venture in to the big wide world of crazy drivers.

Cheers.

wagonb0y

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina 5speed turbo
Hi mate,

Like people have already stated make sure with your insurance company abvout what you can and carn't do. even if your parent's are paying and ypur allowed to do a few thing's, would they be happy paying say $1500 then $2000 plus so you can have more power?

Im 19 and ive had my license dead on 18months today, i started with a camry then a vn that was a big jump and a few months back i got a VL turbo, now ive had more time on the road then you and i wont touch my engine cause of the power, ive already come un stuck with it, Just be careful mate, sounds like it has a bit of power already.
and one more thing, not sure what state you are from, but NSW 99% this is the law, your not even allowed to have extractor's on a car if your on your p's unless you got your license befor the rule come out, wich you arn't.
cheers

CALAIS 6

snowballing
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz exec
get some diff gears like 4.11's if u want a good pick up on it

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
maybe you should get some driving experience first before you start modding your car? i dont mean to sound nasty, but maybe get used to the power you have, get used to driving by yourself & stuff?

Just a suggestion

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
THe guy didn't ask for driving and life advice, he wants to know how to get more power...

basically waht everynone has already said..

Cam... then heads..

+ all your stuff..

aZk.

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
THe guy didn't ask for driving and life advice, he wants to know how to get more power...

basically waht everynone has already said..

Cam... then heads..

+ all your stuff..

aZk.

im sorry for offering advice to him, it wont happen again

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
im sorry for offering advice to him, it wont happen again

its not like that, its giving the wrong advice... its like someone saying"what colour should i paint my car?" and someone saying "why dont you lower it first?" its useless information...

stay on topic is the idea...

aZk.

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
its not like that, its giving the wrong advice... its like someone saying"what colour should i paint my car?" and someone saying "why dont you lower it first?" its useless information...

stay on topic is the idea...

aZk.

It's far from useless information. Has he even checked that his insurance company will even insure a car with big mods or checked with the RTA?

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
150kW at the wheels = approximately 200kW at the crank !

Last edited:

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
there is only one way to get more power, get an 8.