Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Beached Az VS ute LS1 T56

Cava454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VZ SS
Speak to a radiator joint. They cut the end tanks off when they do it so it wouldn't be much to weld it in on opposite side

rch-13z

Former Photoshop Whore
Reaction score
Website
www.karcreations.com.au
Members Ride
VT Exec
20140131_152413_zpsuytfhskn.jpg

froffity froff froff - that is all

Haydz

Fasten your seatbelts
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE LS1 T56
i might speak to a radiator place yet. pwr quoted me 950 for the radiator that should cool 1000hp+ coupled with a 3000cfm spal fan.

i have a couple of pictures of what ive been up to.

the breathers directly on the covers were getting soaked with oil from the rocker covers and dripping oil straight onto the exhaust! not good. so i decided to buy 2 550ml catch cans and some -12 line and fittings and hook up one can to each rocker cover. so far so good its working nicely :)

Haydz

Fasten your seatbelts
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE LS1 T56
well ive been quite busy getting this ready for powercruise.

firstly ill address the overheating. after much deliberation as to what was causing it to overheat. i had read many problems with people having overheating problems after fitting an aussie desert coolers radiator. i was convinced this must be my problem as even running 3 fans the entire time i could not keep it cool even after 10 mins of driving.

so i bit the bullet and called pwr. got talking to matt and he sorted me a new radiator that he said would definitely do the job and be better than the rubbish adc one that i had. took 2 weeks for it to be made and sent to me. popped it in everything slid nicely in to place. i opted for the spal 3000cfm 16 inch fan as a kit with the radiator and this required me to run a 60 amp relay so wired all that in and fiddled with the on and off temps for the fan. took it for a drive and i was greeted by a cool running car. i was very happy after struggling to fix this issue for many months. i then proceeded to take it for a longer drive and the fan siezed and melted the wiring coming out of the fan. a call to matt had me a new fan at my door the next day. which was lucky as i had it booked in to get tuned on the thursday and he sent it monday.

a few pics of the snazzy radiator

i also had problems with the breather setup ontop of the rocker covers dripping oil onto the headers. this was fixed by running a dash 12 line from each cover to a 2 litre tank each where the battery would normally be.

here is a vid of the car on the dyno. only one i managed as i had to sit in the back to try and get traction on the dyno.

as you can see from the dyno sheet it went 670hp and 1050ftlb of torque on 10psi. but due to the diff gear change it doesnt compare accurately between the old and new sheet.

old on the left new on the right.

now my next problem is the exhaust housing on the turbo is too small. which is holding back my power. but im happy for now. if i get bored later on i will fiddle with that side of things.

Vs hsv manta

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs hsv manta
Wan that is awesome !!!!

Well done should be plenty of fun at power cruise