Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bee sting antenna

The 10th Doctor

ambitious but rubbish
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE SS-V

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
Thanks for the info

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
I have had the same one as bigjim and the other ebay listing on this thread, but they all are a bit crap compared to the stock reception. Something to do with wavelength and the length of the antenna. But as long as you are staying in cities they are ok. I still think the shark fin is the way to go :) (pics in my thread below)

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
I like bigjims, they look stock. Shark fins, too much mucking around and looks ricey on commodores.

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
I have had the same one as bigjim and the other ebay listing on this thread, but they all are a bit crap compared to the stock reception. Something to do with wavelength and the length of the antenna. But as long as you are staying in cities they are ok. I still think the shark fin is the way to go :) (pics in my thread below)

I honestly haven't noticed a change in radio reception.
I carry the stock aerial just in case, but once the short one starts to drop out, swapping to the stock one doesn't improve the signal quality enough to happily listen to the radio.
Thank god for ipods and the AUX socket in those situations :p haha

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
Thanks Bigjim, just ordered one the same as yours. Hassles on the website (not ebay, their own one), but got it sorted by Fab after he called me.

Guess I will see it late next week

Thanks everyone

PSKO

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 SSV
Hi all,

I tried to post a thread about these aerials this morning - don't know what happened to it.

Anyways, I bought a Onex Smart Antenna this morning from Bursons Auto Parts. It cost $22. It looks exactly the same as the one in Bigjims post, and seems to work fine.

Cheers.